[Rumor] Droid Bionic Delayed to September at Sam's Club; Twitter Still Suggests Aug 4

bplewis24

Reaction score
Is this new?:

Twitpic - Share photos and videos on Twitter

356583221.jpg

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
No it was revealed earlier today. It also has grammatical errors in it, suggesting it's fake.

We're still hopeful for an August 4th release though.

Reaction score
Bionic is coming out... Bionic Is delayed... Bionic is coming out... Bionic Is delayed... Here's some Bionic pics... Theses pics are fake... Heres some more pics... Here is writing that means nothing... Bionic is coming out... Bionic Is delayed...

This forum is killing me!

wait wait wait... whats a bionic?

:)

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Bionic is coming out... Bionic Is delayed... Bionic is coming out... Bionic Is delayed... Here's some Bionic pics... Theses pics are fake... Heres some more pics... Here is writing that means nothing... Bionic is coming out... Bionic Is delayed...

This forum is killing me!

wait wait wait... whats a bionic?

:)

It's "the End of Waiting!"

lol =P

cirtbrethren

Reaction score
Crap! My OG Droid has just died, no screen at all. I was really hoping it would last until the Bionic came out, but it looks like that won't be until Sept.

So now what do I do? I need something non-contract to hold me over, and I need a smartphone because I'm doing a lot of traveling in the next month and a half.

Do I buy something at Verizon, and then bring it back within 14 days? But that's not enough time for the Bionic to come out. Whatever I buy, I could just sell it on eBay when the Bionic comes out. Anyone have any suggestions?

Christobal

Reaction score
Crap! My OG Droid has just died, no screen at all. I was really hoping it would last until the Bionic came out, but it looks like that won't be until Sept.

So now what do I do? I need something non-contract to hold me over, and I need a smartphone because I'm doing a lot of traveling in the next month and a half.

Do I buy something at Verizon, and then bring it back within 14 days? But that's not enough time for the Bionic to come out. Whatever I buy, I could just sell it on eBay when the Bionic comes out. Anyone have any suggestions?

HA, I was starting to wonder the same thing last night when I thought mine was dead while I NEEDED to use it as a GPS. I panicked and did 2 battery pulls on the side of the road and it FINALLY came back to life. During the reboot times, I starting convincing myself that a Droid 3 was in my immediate future instead of the Bionic.

Reaction score

First, try banging your phone on the ground a little bit, amazing what some banging might do. :)

You might have to buy 2 or 3 phones and use up all 14 days on each; at the rate this phone is coming out you might need to buy 20 or 30 phones. :p

cirtbrethren

Reaction score
First, try banging your phone on the ground a little bit, amazing what some banging might do. :)

You might have to buy 2 or 3 phones and use up all 14 days on each; at the rate this phone is coming out you might need to buy 20 or 30 phones. :p

That would be nice, if Verizon didn't charge a $35 restocking fee... doing 2 - 3 phones like that would be like renting the phones for $75 a month!

cirtbrethren

Reaction score
I wasn't aware of a restocking fee.

Yeah, it's a real pisser.

So here's my plan: I can't do ebay because I need a phone today. Pick up a TBolt at Verizon, non-contract, and use it for 14 days. In the mean time, pick out something on ebay and have it delivered. Take the TBolt back to Verizon at the end of 14 days and pay $35. Use the phone from ebay until the Bionic comes out, and then sell the one I bought on ebay.

Opinion?

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
My wife just upgraded to the IPhone from the OG Droid. She was planning on putting it on EBAY for $100 but if you want to buy it let me know.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Runs great - has a case she bought and original box. Only thing it's missing is the USB plug to the computer (which I may be able to find).

She was NOT an Android person - she loves the IPhone. Personally I am happy she got the IPhone because not I don't have to do all her android stuff for her :)

It's never been rooted.

otmlb1128

Reaction score

Does the touch screen part of the screen work? Mine did that about a month ago. Screen wouldn't turn on (no visual), but I could still complete the onscreen unlock pattern, press the on screen camera button, etc. I messed with it for a day or two, countless battery pulls, etc. I was about to do a hard reset, but that requires navigating an onscreen menu (which I couldn't do without previously memorizing where everything was). I had already taken the SD card out to do the hard reset, and decided to just try powering on without the SD card. Magically, it worked. Screen came on, everything worked. I powered off, put the SD card back in, powered on, and it still worked.