The Complete Jellybean Thread

DocWalt

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
Well flashing the update again didn't fix it. Awesome... :frown:

reybie

Reaction score
Does factory wipe take out the contents of the internal SD card also?

OP
GigaJake

GigaJake

Reaction score
Does factory wipe take out the contents of the internal SD card also?

No. Factory resets only erase user data on the phone. Apps, text messages, system settings, etc. Things saved to the SD card are not touched.

DocWalt: how far in the boot process do you get? Red M only? Boot logo?

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2

DocWalt

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
Red M pops up and disappears as normal, then it just sits at a black screen forever. I kept it on the charger and then unscrewed the battery terminals to keep it from going flat.

OP
GigaJake

GigaJake

Reaction score
Hopefully that's enough to support charging. Right now all you can do is apply updates and perform factory resets. I don't know what to tell you, wipe cache, data, everything. There's not much you can do at this point.

tdpolo26

Reaction score
Ran the Razr utility, and followed all instructions. Failed the first time because of errors during step 3.

Re did it and it succeeded. Fully rooted.

Thanks Jsnweitzel, updating the OP

Edit:
I'll mention the charge issue in the SBF section
Where did you fail....i have been at cleaning up for a while .... anyideas????
phone is at lock screen keeps turning on and off

UPDATE I am an idiot....update on the phone i just had to unlock phone and grant super user access

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
It's weird that Doc is getting bootloops. My only suggestion is to keep applying the update, maybe one of his attempts will stick.

I know people want to avoid sbf so they can save their data, but I prefer SBFing so there are absolutely no problems. I was able to sbf, flash the update, and root in about 45 minutes. I remember similar problems going from GB to ICS and people always ended up SBFing after going through all the trouble of finding the problem.

silver6054

Reaction score
Sweet, glad you guys tested to make sure the root utility works, cause for some reason the OTA Rootkeeper did not work for me, it says that it was able to restore root but I can't use root on any other apps. And does anyone know if the sql hack for the mobile hotspot entitlement still works with Jelly Bean?

Yes, I kept root with OTA Rootkeeper. All was good, TB worked for example, and several other root apps. But when I replaced FoxFi with Wifi Tether for Root, it didn't work, and it said I wasn't rooted. I also downloaded a root checker that said the device wasn't properly rooted. I had this before on some soak test (D2G, one of the GB upgrades) that existing root apps stay root but new ones cannot get it.

After two tries with Razr Blade, I got properly rooted!

sean9721

Reaction score
I thought I should post saying that I am updated to 4.1.2 with full root using Razr Blade. Follow everything step by step and you will not have any problems. It's very simple, just time consuming.

These are my steps in a nutshell:

• Removed SafeStrap Recovery using SafeStrap App
  • Uninstalled SafeStrap App with Manage Apps
  • Entered Stock Recovery to wipe data/factory reset
  • SBF using ICS File
  • Booted Phone
  • Entered Stock Recovery and installed the zip from external SD card
  • Booted the phone into 4.1.2
  • Went back to Stock Recovery and did a data wipe/factory reset
  • Rebooted phone
  • Ran Razr Blade

Here is a video walkthrough of using Razr Blade I found:

[video=youtube;XDV_72mPt4k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDV_72mPt4k&feature=youtu.be[/video]

silver6054

Reaction score
Really useful explanation. It would be better to use Voodoo to backup root. We don't know if the Razr Blade will work on D4 or not.
8.jpg

Um, yes we do! It worked for me (after my Voodoo restore somehow didn't quite work) and someone else reported success earlier on in the thread.

reybie

Reaction score
Grrr, can't get usb debugging to go on my vista laptop. Lost root when I factory reset, rootkeeper wasn't able to hold root for me even when I did backup :(.

meek2100

Reaction score
I'm planning on SBFing my phone and installing the new official Jellybean OTA. I was curious though does anyone know if Hashcode's Safe Strap 3.11 and his CM10.1 rom are compatible with it?

OP
GigaJake

GigaJake

Reaction score
I'm running SS 3.11 and Kexec Liquid. Anything not labeled kexec is ics kernel based and a bad idea.

Please read the OP before posting ^^ the Razr Blade method works