[ROM] The CM7 Gingerbread ROM (CM4D2-GB) is now ready for prime time!

missionman

Reaction score
Since it sounds like you are on the OTA GB, you CAN NOT use the builds from the CM website.

Havens1515, Im not on the OTA version. I tried updating to GB 2.3.3 OTA through WiFi and it failed every time after it downloaded and rebooted. I even did a factory reset before this and unrooted it and took off superuser. the System folder and apps were exactly as they were before and still no go.

My Droid 2 says its on Build Number "STAB" and Kernel Version "2.6.32.9-gd72dc5d [a20523@il93lnxdroid49 #1]" Baseband Version "BP_C_01.09.10P" System Version "4.5.153.A955-continuous.Verizon.en.US"

Last edited:

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to say hi to all my friends and I miss all the awesome conversations we all had. Havens! What's up brother? KC!? What's been the word? Ldopa!? Haven't seen you in a minute either! Anyway as usual I just thread jacked to say hi. Keep in touch. I'm always around the forums here. Peace and hope to keep in touch still. Off to work. By the way i just heard from Woodsman ..He needed help as he apparently got a D2g and i am trying to walk him through the ole trusty RSDlite. Peace! This is still my favorite thread!

Tapped via Motorola Droid Razr!
Peace!

lizard

Reaction score
You are stuck with Froyo, the Froyo kernal, and therefore with Froyo based roms as well. There is no GB full sbf. And there is nothing you can flash via stock recovery, rom manager, bootstrapper, or anything else that is gonna change that, unless your bootloader gets unlocked, and most of us have resigned ourselves to the belief that this is not going to happen.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

havens1515

Reaction score
Havens1515, Im not on the OTA version. I tried updating to GB 2.3.3 OTA through WiFi and it failed every time after it downloaded and rebooted. I even did a factory reset before this and unrooted it and took off superuser. the System folder and apps were exactly as they were before and still no go.

My Droid 2 says its on Build Number "STAB" and Kernel Version "2.6.32.9-gd72dc5d [a20523@il93lnxdroid49 #1]" Baseband Version "BP_C_01.09.10P" System Version "4.5.153.A955-continuous.Verizon.en.US"

You can get the OTA by flashing it, by following the instructions that I copied into my last post. The full instructions are in the original post of this thread. Follow them. Follow then EXACTLY as they are written. You do not need to perform an OTA update, you get the OTA version of the OS installed in steps 2 and 3 of the instructions by flashing a file. If you can't follow those instructions, you shouldn't be flashing anything. And trust me, whether your phone is activated or not, those instructions WILL install the OTA version of the OS and the kernel that goes with it.

T3viin

Reaction score
cm7 nightly 139 wifi and 3g

Hey guys im running cm7 nighltly 139 on my droid 2. its been running great and i love it.. bu for some reason my wifi and 3g always go out. itll connect to a wifi connection but wont fully connect ya know? my 3g will sit there grey when it shud be lime green, same for wifi. any ideas wat to do?

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
You are stuck with Froyo, the Froyo kernal, and therefore with Froyo based roms as well. There is no GB full sbf. And there is nothing you can flash via stock recovery, rom manager, bootstrapper, or anything else that is gonna change that, unless your bootloader gets unlocked, and most of us have resigned ourselves to the belief that this is not going to happen.

I hope that's a long sarcastic post...

X

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey guys im running cm7 nighltly 139 on my droid 2. its been running great and i love it.. bu for some reason my wifi and 3g always go out. itll connect to a wifi connection but wont fully connect ya know? my 3g will sit there grey when it shud be lime green, same for wifi. any ideas wat to do?
Wipe data and dalvick and cache . Mount system to be safe and flash once more. If its not a bad file or bad flash it could be a radio issue in the ROM but you would've heard about that if it were. Try a data reset if nothing else and see what happens...

Peace!

T3viin

Reaction score
Ok trying datat reset first. Thanx for the reply. God i wish i just had a new phone all together but meh.. :/

d4dEf@c@

Reaction score
Just wanted to say hi to all my friends and I miss all the awesome conversations we all had. Havens! What's up brother? KC!? What's been the word? Ldopa!? Haven't seen you in a minute either! Anyway as usual I just thread jacked to say hi. Keep in touch. I'm always around the forums here. Peace and hope to keep in touch still. Off to work. By the way i just heard from Woodsman ..He needed help as he apparently got a D2g and i am trying to walk him through the ole trusty RSDlite. Peace! This is still my favorite thread!

Peace!

Not much D2D, nothing new anyhow. I've been haunting in the MIUI'D ICS forum at rootzwiki more as of late. I haven't been on cm7 for 2 months, so I haven't been poking my head in here as often. I have been keeping my busy reading LOTR fob the first time. I've also been trying to spend more time practicing my guitar and learning new songs. I even wrote a new one recently. I've also been recording a bunch, about 15 tracks in the last month. A bunch of originals and my 90s project. Also the wife is 14 weeks pregnant with our third so I have plenty to do at home! And thanks for asking, btw. Good to hear from you too, even if you are thread jacking!

Tapatalked from an MIUI'd D2

missionman

Reaction score
There are directions in the OP to flash the OTA update instead of receiving it over-the-air, is that what you did? Just because you flashed it doesn't mean it's not the OTA update.

From the OP:
"2. Download the GB OTA update, place it in the root of your SD card, and rename it to "update.zip". Download this file: Blur_Version.2.3.20.A955.Verizon.en.US.zip.

3. Install using the Update.zip option in stock recovery. Boot into stock recovery by holding the X key when you press the power button, when the triangle with the "!" in it appears, press the Search button on your keyboard (magnifying glass) to enter the stock Recovery menu. "

I did everything as you said here to the T, When I went to install it, it failed with these 2 errors: "E: Failed to verify whole-file signature" & "E: Signature verification failed" and it said "Installation aborted" as seen in this photo below..any ideas? I already factory reset it too before this just in case you need to know. its not rooted either and ive tried installing it back to back without rebooting and tried installing it again after a reboot. nothing works.
View attachment 46048

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not much D2D, nothing new anyhow. I've been haunting in the MIUI'D ICS forum at rootzwiki more as of late. I haven't been on cm7 for 2 months, so I haven't been poking my head in here as often. I have been keeping my busy reading LOTR fob the first time. I've also been trying to spend more time practicing my guitar and learning new songs. I even wrote a new one recently. I've also been recording a bunch, about 15 tracks in the last month. A bunch of originals and my 90s project. Also the wife is 14 weeks pregnant with our third so I have plenty to do at home! And thanks for asking, btw. Good to hear from you too, even if you are thread jacking!

WHOA! Seems your always a step ahead KC and even a Child ahead. Lol Congratulations are in order! Wow I have my two. And since its just us three, unless I meet the perfect lady I don't see another any time soon. Lol I love being a dad. And btw. You should here my son. I'm more a drummer ( duh right?) And my piano and guitar is good but nowhere near where my son has taken it. I will get your gtalk or whatever and send you some sample. We write alot. I love it. Even more than devices and flashing..( shhhh) Peace and dont be a stranger! Have you seen ldopa? Or heard?

Peace!

mjs1015

Reaction score
I did everything as you said here to the T, When I went to install it, it failed with these 2 errors: "E: Failed to verify whole-file signature" & "E: Signature verification failed" and it said "Installation aborted" as seen in this photo below..any ideas? I already factory reset it too before this just in case you need to know. its not rooted either and ive tried installing it back to back without rebooting and tried installing it again after a reboot. nothing works.
View attachment 46048

Maybe try sbfing your phone to start from fresh maybe. That's all I can think of.

havens1515

Reaction score
View attachment 46048

sbf if you haven't already (Step 1 in the directions in the OP, there are also directions in my signature.) If you have already sbf'd, try re-downloading the zip file. Make sure it downloaded correctly. I'll give you the md5 sum of the file, you can check that to see if it downloaded correctly.

MD5: AD1FA427217B87C6F4F3388B6A875178

d4dEf@c@

Reaction score
WHOA! Seems your always a step ahead KC and even a Child ahead. Lol Congratulations are in order! Wow I have my two. And since its just us three, unless I meet the perfect lady I don't see another any time soon. Lol I love being a dad. And btw. You should here my son. I'm more a drummer ( duh right?) And my piano and guitar is good but nowhere near where my son has taken it. I will get your gtalk or whatever and send you some sample. We write alot. I love it. Even more than devices and flashing..( shhhh) Peace and dont be a stranger! Have you seen ldopa? Or heard?

Peace!

He was haunting at rootzwiki last night in the MIUI'D ICS thread by Beantsown. He been about here and there. I think he's lurking.... Lol.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
He was haunting at rootzwiki last night in the MIUI'D ICS thread by Beantsown. He been about here and there. I think he's lurking.... Lol.

Lol he likes to be close to the source...lol Peace!

Peace!