Texts conversations going international

generallee2005

Reaction score
Ok, this one is complicated, stay with me. When I do a text message to about 3 or 4 of my contacts, all with Verizon as I am, I can start the conversation fine. Once I close the conversation to go to the home screen, and then pull up the text conversation again the contact number has a +1 in front of the area code, like an international number would. Once this happens any texts I send in that conversation never go through. I have to go and create a new conversation to that person. After I do that, its fine, works normal, even if I leave the conversation pulled up and the phone goes to sleep, the +1 never shows its ugly head. It only does this when I close the conversation. I spent hours on end with Verizon's Andriod tech line to no avail, I have deleted and re-added contacts every different way I can think of. Even on all the backup systems the numbers do not even have the 1 infront of the area code. Haven't called Samsung yet (I have the Fascinate), but planning on it soon.

OP
G

generallee2005

Reaction score
After calling Samsung, they also did not know why this was happening.Did hard reset, but did not help. Carried the phone by the Verizon dealer, and the replacement will be here next day! Hope this solves the problem.