Tethering

ggeinec

Reaction score
I'm thinking about tethering a WiFi tablet using my Razr Maxx, so I'm looking for testimonials from folks who have tethering working on their Razr Maxx. From my research it seems PDANet+\FoxFi are the way to go but I'm looking for confirmation about that and any words of advice for setting it all up. I'm a newbie so I'd like to keep the process simple. Thanks!

Soccerref12

Reaction score
Are you rooted? If so, most of the ROMs have the WiFi tether hack baked in. I've been rooted on my Maxx for the past 18 months and have not used either of the apps mentioned. I tether my laptop and iPad all the time.

ggeinec

Reaction score
Are you rooted? If so, most of the ROMs have the WiFi tether hack baked in. I've been rooted on my Maxx for the past 18 months and have not used either of the apps mentioned. I tether my laptop and iPad all the time.

Sorry, I meant to include in my original post that my phone is NOT rooted and I don't want to go down that path. Thanks for catching that.

covard

Reaction score
Both my husband and I have used this on our phones (both Razr MAXX). It works great. We have not had any issues with the PDANet+\FoxFi solution. We paid the license fee (around $7-8) because the trial times out and was not usable. Worth it!!!! Definitely!!!!

Jxpinc

Reaction score
Just to be clear. If you're on a capped data plan Wi-Fi tethering is free, no?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk