Tethering

Darkside86

Reaction score
Just google how to tether on gingerbread, not sure if I can post the links to it. But you also have to change the profile to the droid x.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using DroidForums

bitterass

Reaction score
Hello all:
Is anyone tethering with this phone? If so what app are you useing? Not rooted

cbreze

Reaction score
I'm. using easy tether which was on sale for $5 the other day. works well after installing the correct drivers.

bitterass

Reaction score
Tried that it loaded all the files but the usb file - did you have this problem at first or did it go right through?

cbreze

Reaction score
Tried that it loaded all the files but the usb file - did you have this problem at first or did it go right through?

This is the link to the forum thread that has the zip file for c771 drivers. this worked for me and some others. Is this what you tried? FWIW: I called verizon on another matter and asked about the lack of a setup cd and the tech admitted that the proper drivers were omitted on purpose to prevent tethering, She was walking me thru a camera issue and inadvertently let it slip about the drivers, they seem to be cracking down.
C771 Drivers - Android Forums

BCKdoesdroid

Reaction score
Hello,

I used to have my droid x rooted, but then upgraded to 4.5.596 and lost my root. I am wanting to still be able to tether, is there any any that doesnt require root? Any recommendations on what the fastest and most continuous tethering app is? I dont care if its wire or wireless.

Thanks

9wire

Reaction score
Easy Tether works well.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have used PDA Net and Easytether. I prefer EasyTether

CM74DX

Dieseldink

Reaction score
This installing drivers is way over my head. Anyone around the Maine area that would install drivers on my phone so it can charge from the computer and be used for tethering. Will pay cash. Thanks doug

paxchristos

Reaction score
This installing drivers is way over my head. Anyone around the Maine area that would install drivers on my phone so it can charge from the computer and be used for tethering. Will pay cash. Thanks doug

UPDATE: Drivers are at the following link as a zip file, unextract it and run the included MSI file (auto extracting installer):
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/31832369/C771_USB_Driver.zip
All you have to do is double click and it should install, if that doesn't work, email me @ [email protected], and we'll figure out how to get your drivers up.

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

Last edited:

kschill

Reaction score
Tethering - how to use my thunderbolt to access internet on my laptop? Is there a free way of doing so?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

DwightMann

Reaction score
Barnacle is working for me without any problems

Sent from my C771 using DroidForums

lemmony

Reaction score
Does the liberty rom already pre~install with free tethering?
If not why can't I use radiocom now to hack into free tether?
Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums