use of easy tether app

shrabya

Reaction score
hi
i have a question. does verizon wireless charge any fee to use internet from motorola droid using easy tether lite version?.........or it simple use the unlimited cell phone data plan...or do we have to pay extra money like hotspot for palm pre or what?????????????

voodoodaddy

Reaction score
I think as long as you dont get carried away they wont know. Ive used it a few times, just for basic browsing.

REMilk

Reaction score
I tether 2-4 times a week while in airports that do not have free internet acess for some quick browsing and other internet-related tasks. I have never streamed video or music or downloaded large document.

In fact, I am tethered right now at the Daytona Beach Airport - wifi is down.

Bob

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
hi
i have a question. does verizon wireless charge any fee to use internet from motorola droid using easy tether lite version?.........or it simple use the unlimited cell phone data plan...or do we have to pay extra money like hotspot for palm pre or what?????????????

This topic has been beaten to death, please do a search next time before you post.

In short, it's a violation of your terms of service to tether without paying Verizon. If they find out, they can terminate your service, and force you to pay out the arse.

That being said, I do it every now and again in places where I cant get any other service. I dont watch videos or download stuff, I only browse forums and send e-mail.

Lukehluke

Reaction score
hi

This topic has been beaten to death, please do a search next time before you post.

In short, it's a violation of your terms of service to tether without paying Verizon. If they find out, they can terminate your service, and force you to pay out the arse.

That being said, I do it every now and again in places where I cant get any other service. I dont watch videos or download stuff, I only browse forums and send e-mail.

Force you to pay?

In the UK we can get away with it with some networks as I have used probably hundreds of gigs on the nearly two years of usage.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Force you to pay?

In the UK we can get away with it with some networks as I have used probably hundreds of gigs on the nearly two years of usage.

Yes, force you to pay in the sense that they can sue you (and win) and destroy your credit.