Tethering

Jcat24

Reaction score
Hey guys im new here,

but i have an important question. I got the update today for froyo from verizon on my droid incredible not by rooting it. woo hoo!!! Soooo i was wondering could i tether it after getting the 2.2 update from verizon?? I wat the hotspot but i dnt wanna pay the fee.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Moved to the Incredible general discussion section.

Mike

srdrgz11

Reaction score
No need to root. Easily get free wireless hotspot with 2.2 by editing the dun nai. I have ota 2.2 on my dinc and was able to get free wifi hotspot. Google dun nai. This method take all of 2 min, is much easier than rooting and can be reveresed just as easily.

Reaction score
I heard a rumor from a techie friend of mine who has the Motorola Droid with the 2.2 and even though the rumor is flimsy at best I wanted to know if it carried any weight.

He told me that even though I have PDANet that I after 2.2 I would have to pay Verizons tethering rates even though I purchased PDANet.

Any truth to that?

albrst

Reaction score
I asked a Verizon Rep about that and he said that you can do the 'free' things at your own risk but Verizon has been known to send HUGE bills to those trying to get away with free wifi or free tethering but he suggested I try it anyway, LOL.

DROID MONSTER

Reaction score
I can't get free tethering to work on my rooted incredible 2 help please

Sent from my Incredible 2 using DroidForums

sacnotsack

Reaction score
How r u trying to tether? Mine is completely stock and I just use pdanet and tether via usb

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

Darkside86

Reaction score
If you are rooted, you will need to flash the patch from tbh, then find the pre wireless tether app and install that. When gingerbread came out, they made it a little harder to tether.

rectorc08

Reaction score
I can't get free tethering to work on my rooted incredible 2 help please

I suggest just rooting your phone. Hopefully you didn't already gingerbread your phone, but if you didn't, root your phone, and then do exactly what Darkside86 said, you'll need to patch your phone in order to get the full root.

Google 'Wireless Tether, but I suggest using the 2.0.7version, I wouldn't use the new Beta versions yet until all the bugs are worked out. I've been running 2.0.7 for a few days now and it's running flawless.

DROID MONSTER

Reaction score
Its rooted already and I hav 2.3.4. I turn tether on and the other devices find the the signal but wen search for ion or wàever that is it just keeps loading and searching and never connects