tethering newbie

lisalisa13

Reaction score
Hi all. Never used tethering before and curious about it. I assume if i use the hot spot app already on the phone will cost me money. I've noticed some threads about foxfi , but wondering if its free before I try. I still have unlimited data plan and am on 232 ics leak if that makes any difference. Thanks :)

bbucks36

Reaction score

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
There are quite a few free tether apps in the market Lisa. Most popular are Foxfi, WiFi tether, Wireless tether & Barnacle.
Good luck! :)

tap'n

OP
lisalisa13

lisalisa13

Reaction score
cr6 said:
Edit: my bad....I was confusing wireless tether with Wi-Fi tether. Wireless tether was what I used in my fassy.
Sorry for the confusion.

tap'n

What's the difference between Wi-fi tether and wireless tether? Maybe it would be easier to explain what I want to use it for. Would like to be able to stream Netflix through my nook tablet when not at home

bhp117

Reaction score
Hi all. Never used tethering before and curious about it. I assume if i use the hot spot app already on the phone will cost me money. I've noticed some threads about foxfi , but wondering if its free before I try. I still have unlimited data plan and am on 232 ics leak if that makes any difference. Thanks :)

Foxfi would be easiest to setup since you dont have to root your phone and most stable but if you cant have it connecting just reboot the phone

I use it all the time to stream moves/shows on to my laptop/tablet

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
The SQL hack is great- the stock tethering app is super quick to connect and easy to use

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

OP
lisalisa13

lisalisa13

Reaction score
bbucks36 said:
lisa u ever try the sql hack.. it would give you one less app to deal with..

No, not rooted. The 232 leak was the bravest I've ever got

segordon

Reaction score
If you are brave enough to do ics,then rooting is no problem. Just search for razrs edge and download that. Unzip the file and run the run.bat file. Just one click.

Kobe24

Reaction score
segordon said:
If you are brave enough to do ics,then rooting is no problem. Just search for razrs edge and download that. Unzip the file and run the run.bat file. Just one click.

+1 Rooting is a breeze