Foxfi tether Verizon

SamsungQQ11

Reaction score
I have full version Foxfi on my Samsung Galaxy Verizon. I do have unlimited plan so I do use about on average 10-20 GBs a month tethering. My question is... i noticed the difference from Ice Cream Sandwich and now Jelly bean 4.1.2 using FoxFi. With Jelly Bean it now enables Verizon tethering Hotspot. Phone is not rooted. But i dont get charged. I'm sure I'm not the only one. Should I root?

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
I just assume that it has always turned on the app when activating the hot-spot, and only now tells you that it is doing it. Cant imagine why the change was enacted, but I haven't heard of anyone being charged for it. Maybe just giving credit to the application that actually does the work.

Reaction score
Same here. I have never been charged for my hotspot but the red hotspot icon is always on with foxfire and pdanet+. I use it a lot to stream Netflix on my computer and smart tv. . I've used 65 gigs this month already.

View attachment 62388

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
Same here. I have never been charged for my hotspot but the red hotspot icon is always on with foxfire and pdanet+. I use it a lot to stream Netflix on my computer and smart tv. . I've used 65 gigs this month already.
Impressive. I was proud when i broke 20GB once, but I must bow down to the master.

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Actually, if you abuse it for too long VZW will eventually deal with it. If you are rooted then you can use this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.googlecode.android.wifi.tether

So long as you are utilizing the VZW Wifi tether app, they can track your usage, and the difference in each. What they will often do it add a monthly tethering feature to your line. Its about $25/mo. Per their TOS that you agree to, its not optional, and you will end up paying it.