jelly bean and wireless tethering?

Reaction score
You should be going to the settings with the hammer icon. Then settings.DB, and settings again. In this section its under line 79.

Good luck

mlb917

Reaction score
Thanks for the assist D! Finally got it up and running right where I need it to be...

RAZR MAXX XT912 ..running the OTA Jelly Bean update 4.1.2
Rooted using Razr_Blade exploit
Wifi Hotspot hack using SQlite V 2.0.1

Life is Good.

bocabean

Reaction score
I rooted my Maxx immediately after the JB update. Due to the loss of FoxFi, I opted for the WiFi Tether for Rooted users option. That seems to work fine and I am able to connect both my laptop and tablet to my phone, using the encrypted security.

Should I also be considering the SQlite option or would they conflict in some way? Also, does anyone know which method is more favorable?

furbymac

Reaction score
The sqlite method will allow you to use the WiFi,Bluetooth,USB feather options under settings>tether. The way you have it now requires and extra app.. both work it is just a matter of preference

1coopgt

Reaction score
heheh, I found the sql edit for jellybean. It's now called subscription_mode and mine was 0 changed it to 1 rebooted and used tether. Find it in settings.db / secure

150 where it says “entitlement_check” . Is still there but it's not 150. It was around 67 or so if I remember right . I changed the value to 0 an rebooted. Works great .