Tethering issues

Ragnell

Reaction score
So Pdanet stopped working for me, It didnt detect my phone, and sits there saying connecting to phone, during the desktop installation it does nothing when its trying to "install to my phone"

I emailed support and they have no idea, whats wrong. I have all the correct drivers, cleaned them out and installed new ones and still nothing.

I tried Easytether, and that still doesn't work. I hooked up my OG droid and pdanet works fine, so that means something is wrong with the phone.

Anyone else has this issue?

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
You probably tried this, but: did you head over to Settings -> Applications -> Manage applications, and clear the PdaNet data (my cache says 0.0B)? You might also try to remove and reinstall the app.

-Matt

OP
Ragnell

Ragnell

Reaction score
You probably tried this, but: did you head over to Settings -> Applications -> Manage applications, and clear the PdaNet data (my cache says 0.0B)? You might also try to remove and reinstall the app.

-Matt

Didnt clear the cache but I uninstalled the app previously and re-installed it, I even deleted my old .exe for the desktop of PDAnet thinking maybe its corrupt, still nothing

REMilk

Reaction score
I think you have either a 'bad' cable or one that does not conform to the Droid specs. The micro-USB cable for the LG ENV3 will only work for charging my Droid 3 and not for USB-tethering or data access. I also have a third-party cable that will not work.

Make sure you are using either a cable that came with your Droid 3 or one that you know meets the Droid 3 specs, when tethering/

Good Luck,
Bob