Tethering on droid x?

MrKleen

Reaction score
Good gosh people ...unlimited tethering on your phone is easy and FREE.

That is one of the benefits of rooting your phone. I am very surprised that after all this time people do not know these things.

MrKleen

Reaction score
An app doesn't get to decide if their app get's unlimited tethering or not, but rather the carrier does.

Also, why pay $20 when there are alternatives for free like pdanet or wireless tether for root users. Just doesn't make sense if you ask me.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

It's because people simply don't know what their phones are capable of doing. The same reason people pay for VZ Navigator when google navigation is free.

calidroid31

Reaction score
will Verizon charge us if we have pdanet free version even though we have unlimited dated

Sent from my DROIDX

MrKleen

Reaction score
will Verizon charge us if we have pdanet free version even though we have unlimited dated

Sent from my DROIDX

PDA Net is not the way you do it. Use wireless tether for root users. Or use the modified tether app ... the first step is rooting your phone with Z4 root.

If you don't want to root your phone and get it free Verizon won't mind charging you $20 per month! It's up to you.

JScharf92

Reaction score
I have been using bluetooth tethering. Its very easy with mac. Just set your phone up with your macs bluetooth and it will ask you if you would like to connect to the network. I have done it on a pc as well but it is a little more complicated and I am not a pc person. It is usually fast and Verizion hasn't charged me yet and i've been using it for a few months. Also you don't need any special software on your computer... except for bluetooth I guess. I'm not positive it will work on all android devices. It works on my Droid X but not my dad's Samsung fascinate

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Last edited: