TB/verizion issue

blue531

Reaction score
OK so my TB is only 5 weeks old and i think I have a antenna issue in my phone cause it keeps dropping the mobile network. I have reset the phone, I have talked to customer service until i am blue in the face. They said they will send me a refurb phone to replace it but again like i said it is 5 weeks old and i have heard horror stories about the refurb phone Verizion has. has anyone had luck getting a new replacement and are there any suggestions on how ones goes about getting that done. i am beyond sick of getting policy thrown at me i know there has to be away my phone is not that old i think i just got a bad one somehow. love the phone really starting to hate verizion.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The best way to handle it is to call customer service. I do not go into corporate stores except to play with new phones. They will send you a refurb and I must admit they are hit and miss. But if you have an issue again with a refurb call customer service. I believe after so many issues with refurbs they are not going to keep dragging you through it. with that said normally the refurbs are good to go but there are some bad ones so check it out thoroughly .

OP
B

blue531

Reaction score
Ya that is what i want to try and avoid. this this is 5 weeks old. i would understand if it was say 6 months old but 5 weeks. I will hate to have to take a refurb but if they eventually give me no choice i will have to play that game with them and they will not like it cause the smallest issue i have they will be sending me replacements over and over again until i am happy.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
My wife's camera went bad and we got sent a refurb. I inspected it when it arrived and there wasn't a scratch or anything on it. Moved her sd card, battery, and SIM over, and the phone has been running great for her, no issues. I initially wasn't happy about getting a refurb either but she has no complaints.

tbolt1125

Reaction score
My phone use to drop data when I had the app phone info, once I deleted the app it quit, Idk if it was just my phone that acted like this but I'm just sharing my experience

sent from the bolt

Reaction score
My phone use to drop data when I had the app phone info, once I deleted the app it quit, Idk if it was just my phone that acted like this but I'm just sharing my experience

sent from the bolt

I have Phone Info loaded and that doesn't happen to me. Sometimes it takes a little while to switch from 3G to 4G or vice versa after changing the setting, but that's normal.

turdbogls

Reaction score
FWIW, i am on my 2nd refurb. first refurb had a weird data issue (would have 4G for a minute, then it would stop connecting and wouldnt let me call out)
this replacement works great. no problems at all, there is a slight build quality issue, but the phone is working so well that i dont even care right now.

GypsyKristan

Reaction score
My drops signal all the time. I have to reboot to get 1x where I used to get 4g. There is another thread about VZW having a problem with the last software update... Could be related?

sent from the edge of sanity...

dbjones59

Reaction score
I got a refurbished when my original would not charge any longer, wouldn't have known the difference if they hadn't told me up front.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

bendystrawboy

Reaction score
Vzw should inform anyone who gets a lte phone that they are beta testers.