Droid X and Verizion

Slappy11

Reaction score
I just want to gripe here for a minute. I am on my 5th droid X since the first of the year. Verizion's policy is to replace bad phones with "certified like new" phones. My first phone did not work when it sent to me would not turn on. They sent me another and it worked for a short time before getting boot load error and they could not fix the problem so they sent me another "like new" phone. Got the phone and after a week the speaker blew and the sound quality was horrible. So they sent me another "Like New" phone yesterday and this phone out of the box is broken. The phone will not charge. I called verizion again today and they refuse to send me a new phone. They can only send me another "like new" factory POS. I was an AT&T customer since 1995 and NEVER had these problems. This is very unfortunate because I like the cell service verizion has. It is very unfortunate that verizion does not value their customers enough to replace a phone with a good working phone. Not one of these phones did not work because of something I did. Very sad that they are willing to let me go rather than fixing the problem. I will be a 1 contact deal for sure with verizion.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Talk to a supervisor.

VZW has great customer service IMHO. I've had 5 lines with them for years, Zero Problems.

Happystranger

Reaction score
I just want to gripe here for a minute. I am on my 5th droid X since the first of the year. Verizion's policy is to replace bad phones with "certified like new" phones. My first phone did not work when it sent to me would not turn on. They sent me another and it worked for a short time before getting boot load error and they could not fix the problem so they sent me another "like new" phone. Got the phone and after a week the speaker blew and the sound quality was horrible. So they sent me another "Like New" phone yesterday and this phone out of the box is broken. The phone will not charge. I called verizion again today and they refuse to send me a new phone. They can only send me another "like new" factory POS. I was an AT&T customer since 1995 and NEVER had these problems. This is very unfortunate because I like the cell service verizion has. It is very unfortunate that verizion does not value their customers enough to replace a phone with a good working phone. Not one of these phones did not work because of something I did. Very sad that they are willing to let me go rather than fixing the problem. I will be a 1 contact deal for sure with verizion.

Verizon has been buckling down on replacement phones though. I remember they used to offer a new phone after the 4th replacement, but not anymore. The last time they offered to give me a new replacement was when I had a D1. I was on my 5th, and they opted to give me a brand new Incredible. I turned them down only because the X was right around the corner. I have been with Verizon since '02 though, not sure if that helped.

thinman72069

Reaction score
That is odd that you'd have five duds. I can uderstand crummy service though. But i'll use vzn at least until someone else has a network that I can make calls at the beach, deep in the forests of the NW and in the middle of nowhere in general. Until then I can deal with it. But if I had your troubles I might have to weigh the options. Bummer man...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
Slappy11

Slappy11

Reaction score
Talk to a supervisor.

VZW has great customer service IMHO. I've had 5 lines with them for years, Zero Problems.

I have talked to supervisors and they are all super nice but they wont budge on giving me a new phone. All I want is a phone that works.

UNC

Reaction score
Sounds fishy to me... I've had a D1 since launch without issues...
My advice would be; when you go into a radioactive area or go snorkling, don't take the phone!

I know a lot of people on this very forum fraudulantly return phones in hopes of getting a free upgrade or a discount when they call and complain, not saying that's you, but 5 phones?

I know atleast 10 people with android phones, ranging from MT3G to G2... none of them have EVER had to replace a phone. 3 of em have D1, 3 have DX. 0/10 of my friends have had to replace, yet you have 5 times... honestly, the only logical explanations could be user error, or fraud.

OP
Slappy11

Slappy11

Reaction score
My advice would be; when you go into a radioactive area or go snorkling, don't take the phone!

I know a lot of people on this very forum fraudulantly return phones in hopes of getting a free upgrade or a discount when they call and complain, not saying that's you, but 5 phones?

I know atleast 10 people with android phones, ranging from MT3G to G2... none of them have EVER had to replace a phone. 3 of em have D1, 3 have DX. 0/10 of my friends have had to replace, yet you have 5 times... honestly, the only logical explanations could be user error, or fraud.

You are dead wrong here. They have offered me other phones and I do not want that. I just want an X that works. Each problem was a problem not caused by me. I agree 5 is crazy and that is why I am so frustrated! I have never had a problem like this with a phone.

UNC

Reaction score

You are dead wrong here. They have offered me other phones and I do not want that. I just want an X that works. Each problem was a problem not caused by me. I agree 5 is crazy and that is why I am so frustrated! I have never had a problem like this with a phone.

I didn't say you were doing it on purpose, I said it smells fishy, and other people do it on purpose.

Like I said, "not saying that's you".

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
Slappy11

Slappy11

Reaction score

I didn't say you were doing it on purpose, I said it smells fishy, and other people do it on purpose.

Like I said, "not saying that's you".

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OK sorry about that. I agree people do things on purpose to get something for free. This is definatly not the case. As I said I have been offered any other phone they carry but that is not what I want. I had one tech tell me that the "certified like new" phones were actually broken phones that Motorola fixes. they also have certifed used phones that are phones that were only owned for a short time but returned for what ever reason. They want $200 for a Used phone. To me that is crazy since I paid $200 for this phone new and have yet to get one that works!

livetoskateaz

Reaction score
i've had my issues with big red also, i had my first d1 for almost 6 months then dropped it and busted screen...i knew i was gonna get a refubished droid 1 from asurion and well thats how vzw does it and thats the only way they do it unless you want to shell out like you said $200 for a "used" phone...anyhow i got my replacement phone and it worked for about 5 hours and then the touchscreen just quit working on about 98% of the phone...i could push the home button and a sometimes 3,6,9 on the dialer...that is if i could even open the dialer! so i sent it back and they said they don't have and d1s available and wanted to give me the lg ally...LOLOLOL i graciously denied and the csr talked to his supervisor and said we can send you a droid incredible...i said okay sure its a better phone so i got a brand new incredible for 89.00 and we were eligable for an upgrade so i shelled out 150 bucks for a new droid x...its all about luck and if you get someone on the other end of the phone thats nice and understands that you deserve better than what verizon tries to do to you...i soon hope to get the thunderbolt because i mean its just a super phone!

OP
Slappy11

Slappy11

Reaction score
i've had my issues with big red also, i had my first d1 for almost 6 months then dropped it and busted screen...i knew i was gonna get a refubished droid 1 from asurion and well thats how vzw does it and thats the only way they do it unless you want to shell out like you said $200 for a "used" phone...anyhow i got my replacement phone and it worked for about 5 hours and then the touchscreen just quit working on about 98% of the phone...i could push the home button and a sometimes 3,6,9 on the dialer...that is if i could even open the dialer! so i sent it back and they said they don't have and d1s available and wanted to give me the lg ally...LOLOLOL i graciously denied and the csr talked to his supervisor and said we can send you a droid incredible...i said okay sure its a better phone so i got a brand new incredible for 89.00 and we were eligable for an upgrade so i shelled out 150 bucks for a new droid x...its all about luck and if you get someone on the other end of the phone thats nice and understands that you deserve better than what verizon tries to do to you...i soon hope to get the thunderbolt because i mean its just a super phone!

This is very sad that you have to play roulette with the reps to find one that is willing to fix the problem. I own my own business and I use my phone a lot for my business when I'm not around a computer. I should not have to jump through hoops to get a working phone. I gladly took a factory re-certified 4 other time in hopes of getting a working phone but now that I have do this once again, like I said my life with verizon will be only this current contract!

xush

Reaction score
This is very sad that you have to play roulette with the reps to find one that is willing to fix the problem. I own my own business and I use my phone a lot for my business when I'm not around a computer. I should not have to jump through hoops to get a working phone.

I'm in the same boat here. Very disappointed in the way Verizon wouldn't budge to help us when we had nothing but trouble with our phones. We spoke to many reps & none of them were of any help, they pretty much stuck to their scripts & left us hanging. This forum has proved to be infinitely more helpful than any verizon employee I've dealt with.

nk7z

Reaction score
If you are under your 30 day time limit, return the phone, and kill the contract...

HayWire

Reaction score
If you are under your 30 day time limit, return the phone, and kill the contract...

Doubt he's in the 30 day window and on 5 phones already... Unless they all happened in one week. Hopefullythis mess gets fixed for you.