TapaTalk Questions

METAL MUZZLE

Reaction score
I see people using TapaTalk so I went and checked it out but I dont see what the app really does ? So if you dont mind what does this app do ? What r the benfits of using this app on forums ? Thanx for any info before I buy app !

Come to the DarkSlide !

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
it's a stream lined version of what's available on the forum via the web browser.

The app can be used for a number of forums, not just this one :)

OP
METAL MUZZLE

METAL MUZZLE

Reaction score
So if i use TapaTalk when i view another forum it will look like this forum does on my phone ?

Come to the DarkSlide !

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I see people using TapaTalk so I went and checked it out but I dont see what the app really does ? So if you dont mind what does this app do ? What r the benfits of using this app on forums ? Thanx for any info before I buy app !

Come to the DarkSlide !

droid forums has there own free app. download it on the market see if you like it..

then if you are on a lot of forums buy the app for the others.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
No, the website has to have a TapaTalk plugin working (most forums do) and they will be shown how they're site is intended to using the app.

The app just takes the forum experience out of the browser and puts it into an app format.

Give it a download and see. I have the link in my sig for the DF app... it's free so it won't cost you anything and if it's not for you, you can always uninstall it :)

OP
METAL MUZZLE

METAL MUZZLE

Reaction score
I use this forums app and I really like it ! But when i view ouher forums they look like a web page and I would like them to look as this one does so thats why i asked about TapaTalk i didnt know if it changes how u see the forum

Come to the DarkSlide !

OP
METAL MUZZLE

METAL MUZZLE

Reaction score
No, the website has to have a TapaTalk plugin working (most forums do) and they will be shown how they're site is intended to using the app.

The app just takes the forum experience out of the browser and puts it into an app format.

Give it a download and see. I have the link in my sig for the DF app... it's free so it won't cost you anything and if it's not for you, you can always uninstall it :)

Thanx alot for the info and I will give the app in your sig a try ... Thanx again !

Come to the DarkSlide !

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I use this forums app and I really like it ! But when i view ouher forums they look like a web page and I would like them to look as this one does so thats why i asked about TapaTalk i didnt know if it changes how u see the forum

Come to the DarkSlide !

Ok. I get what you're saying now.

I'm not familiar with how the TapaTalk plugins for the forums work, but I'd assume the forum itself would have to set how it appears in the TapaTalk app.... I may be off base though.

Are you using the DF app to view other forums or the actual TapaTalk app?

TwerpPoet

Reaction score
The biggest difference between the DroidForum app and TapaTalk is that you have one more level of interface, so that you can choose your forum. If I remember correctly, when the DroidForum app was announced they said it was a one forum version of TapaTalk, created with the TapaTalk owners' permission.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The biggest difference between the DroidForum app and TapaTalk is that you have one more level of interface, so that you can choose your forum. If I remember correctly, when the DroidForum app was announced they said it was a one forum version of TapaTalk, created with the TapaTalk owners' permission.

correct. the df tapatalk app is for our forum specifically. you need the full tapatalk app to use on other forums that are tapatalk native.

*DroidForums app DOES*