Lazylist folder

CD95YJ

Reaction score
So going through astro to see what was on my sd card and found a folder titled lazylist. Anyone know what it is or what it does, I am running darkslide 4.0 currently and before that was running apex 1.3 so it could have been installed with either rom. Just curious if I need it or if I can clear it from my sd card.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

slimpirudude

Reaction score
I was going through my files today aswell....and I found a folder named lazylist on my sd card also. I am curious why its there and what's its use is. Can I safely delete it?

sent from my droid 2 global using droidforums app

slimpirudude

Reaction score
Anyone have any input? It'd be greatly appreciated!

Technoman

Reaction score
I did a Google search on this, and from what I have come up with (I also have this folder and I am stock and not rooted) is that this folder is used by several APPs for image cache. You can delete it, but if you open an APP tied to it the folder may get created again. There was a post I found that stated the APP would no longer work once he deleted that directory.

PhishPhan

Reaction score
questionable folder

When in doubt about a file or folder being needed - rename it first. Hang onto it for a few, see if anything bugs out, or if the file/folder recreate themselves.

If that does not happen, then typically you can safely remove it.

quiet1

Reaction score
Its from Applanet...quit stealing apps

lol that's like saying everyone here should let Verizon win and not root their phones or tether.....It's not gonna happen.

Last edited:

zsg1313

Reaction score

lol that's like saying everyone here should let Verizon win and not root their phones or tether.....It's not gonna happen.

yeah thats true, and obviously i am somewhat guilty myself, google's 15 minute return policy definitely makes it difficult to judge whether you want to pay money for an app

Technoman

Reaction score

It may have a connection with Applanet, but that is not the only APP it interacts with. I have never used Applanet, and this directory is on my phone.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

slimpirudude

Reaction score
phish thanks for the info, very good idea! Just like on a desktop cpu. But I was just wondering because it is a huge amount of files in it. And to the guy who said quit stealing apps....I don't. Was just curios. Thanks for the help!

PhishPhan

Reaction score
NP! I work in software/is security and the " D " word (delete) is worse than any swear at my company.

Stealing apps?? Not needed. Seems for every paid app someone takes the source code and makes a free one. Nothing to stop anyone from grabbing said source and making their own either.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums