talk me into keeping this phone

mauiblue

Reaction score
After reading dozens of threads and posts on how bad battery performance is on the Incredible, I've accepted it as part of the ownership of this phone. So to help get better battery life, I've rooted my phone and bought a couple extended battery packs (HTC 2150 mAh batteries) and a Seidio wall charger. With light to moderate use, I can get up to 30 hours of battery time. Playing Angry Birds and Doodle Jump constantly for a couple hours shrinks battery time but I don't care as I have my extra packs ready and charged up. The Incredible is a ultra compact computer and so I figure if I use it constantly battery life will suffer. So I compensate with having a few battery packs and a wall charger to keep me going. I'm sure technology will catch up where battery life will be extended and still maintaining great smartphone performance. Until then, I'll deal with the substandard battery performance with what is afforded to me.

lazerdude

Reaction score
I read this somewhere and tried it...worked for me...stock with 2.2 Incredible...

plug in charger while the phone is on until the green light indicates fully charged

unplug charger from phone and turn the phone off

plug charger back in...amber light will glow for aprox 20-30 minutes ...when it turns green the phone has better battery life
----------------------------
this worked for me...my use is moderate to heavy...and...I agree with the poster who said 24 hrs is more than enough...go to bed and charge it...geez

Rated_R

Reaction score
I had a droid1 before my incredible. Got a droid2 keyboard was better but software was worse. Traded for an incredible. Stock battery sucked. Extended battery 2150 was too much of a tumor on the back of the phone. Purchased the seidio 1750 and first charge I charged it for around 12 hours. My battery life now is the same as if not better than my Droid 1. Phone charges everynight. No problems for it to last from 7am to midnight.

Sent from my Incredible using Tapatalk

icu

Reaction score
I certainly don't want to hijack this thread, but I'm in a similar boat. I'm considering upgrading and I've been offered an opportunity to get a DInc. for $99. Beyond battery life would this phone still be recommended vs. the crop of new Android phones coming out? I am pretty sure I want to wait, but if the DInc.'s performance is still adequate I might like to get it and benefit from all the wisdom/ROMS and not have to bother with Bing'd phones or obstacles to rooting etc. Thank you.

riko540

Reaction score
I read this somewhere and tried it...worked for me...stock with 2.2 Incredible...

plug in charger while the phone is on until the green light indicates fully charged

unplug charger from phone and turn the phone off

plug charger back in...amber light will glow for aprox 20-30 minutes ...when it turns green the phone has better battery life
----------------------------
this worked for me...my use is moderate to heavy...and...I agree with the poster who said 24 hrs is more than enough...go to bed and charge it...geez

I noticed this to when I first go mine.