Droid vs Droid Inc.

blitzburgh39

Reaction score
I used a inc. Today. And loved it. I have the droid as some of you may know. And I'm wondering if you think I should sell this on ebay and buy the incredible. I have a phone on my plan eligible for an upgrade so that's ok. Is it worth it? I'm liking the feel and sexiness of the inc. And the camera. I can actually make money by selling my droid because it will sell for more than the price of the inc.

Thoughts? I like change. A lot. But I also get addicted. Like emotionally to things I've paid for. Like the droid. I don't want to make it seem like I don't like the droid. I do. A lot.....

Anyone?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Guchi

Reaction score
I did it... had the upgrade available, sold my droid on ebay for $350 after a new case and tax i put almost $100 bucks in my pocket... but i did also love my droid, until now it was the best phone i have ever had

OP
blitzburgh39

blitzburgh39

Reaction score
Yeah. How do you compare the two? Is the camera amazing? Do you miss the physical keyboard?

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think you should wait. There are some awesome Android phones being released soon. I know this will always be the case with technology, but things like bigger screens (4"+) should be available this year.

OP
blitzburgh39

blitzburgh39

Reaction score
Oh hell ya. If that moto shadow comes out omgggg. Over 4 inch screen. Motoblur and 2.1? Hells ya! Says its slated for a june release!

bcrigler

Reaction score
I made the leap from droid to inc and love it. I hated the physical keyboard though. I love HTC sense although I have noticed a few minor quirks with it. Just stupid stuff like when my contact is linked to a facebook profile the profile image didn't update when they updated their settings. But I 100% love the inc regardless. It's an amazing phone and I highly recommend it.

jasonb

Reaction score
i switched and i don't regret it. i have had the Inc for a week now and it's been great. oh and i bought my Inc for full retail($529). i will be selling my droid to either a friend of mine or on ebay.

Tominator

Reaction score
If u love playing the latest 3d games don't get the incredible .....runs on the adreno200 gpu which sucks for games.....example play asphalt or toonwarz on the inc and watch it lag bad compared to the MOTO Droid

speed4tu

Reaction score
I made the switch also from the Droid to the Inc and couldn't be happier. It's lightning quick and not so thick and heavy.

Orion223

Reaction score
Oh hell ya. If that moto shadow comes out omgggg. Over 4 inch screen. Motoblur and 2.1? Hells ya! Says its slated for a june release!

Just jumped over to the tech blog to take a look @ this ... OOOOOHHH MMMMMMYYYY GOOOOOODDDD!! I'm gonna have to go take a cold shower :icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Naw, sell your Droid and get the Inc.

Then sell your Inc and get the Shadow.

Then sell your Shadow and get the (insert phone here.):icon_ banana:

Seriously, u said you like change alot. IF there were no phones coming soon in the next few months, I woulda said get the Inc, cuz u said u like change, alot. Since there are, wait. U have more choices to choose from. Its logic at this point. I cant see anyone wanting to choose between 2 phones when u can wait a lil bit & choose between 3-4 phones.

Or seriously, do what I was joking about above. Even when the new phones come out, I'm holding on to my Droid and might buy the newer ones retail. Some ppl have/had issues with their Droid. Mine has been amazing. I dont want to give that up. Like I said somewhere else, theres something magical about being able to make calls where your old phone couldnt. Both phones were on Verizon.

If u love playing the latest 3d games don't get the incredible .....runs on the adreno200 gpu which sucks for games.....example play asphalt or toonwarz on the inc and watch it lag bad compared to the MOTO Droid

Oh my. Is that the case with HR Battle 3D too? Thats my new addiction now. I NEED ME SOME HR BATTLE!!!!!! Nvm, I just saw an interesting thread on xda-developers about the GPU.. I will definitely stick with OMAP's for the near future.

Last edited:

cuskit

Reaction score
Me, I'm sticking with my Moto Droid until I see a couple more choices coming up on the horizon (Shadow, etc.). This is something that will drive anyone crazy - as new phones keep getting released in an ever quickening time frame. Jeez, it used to take technology a year or more between releases. Today, only months, or even weeks go by and wham! New toy on the block! Since my Droid is doing everything I require in a smartphone, I really can't justify spending money just for the few minor upgrades I see with the Incredible. At least not after only owning my Droid a scarce 5 months! ;)

I used to think it was hard keeping up with new cameras. Yikes! These new phones coming out so often make life sooooo difficult! So, with a bit of will power, I'm standing still for just a bit more time now.. ;) mikey :)

Last edited:

BzB

Reaction score
there will always be a 'better' phone on the horizon. it's gonna be harder and harder for people who say they're waiting to actually pick a phone if you're always concerned about your device being upstaged. for instance my laptop was the top of the line laptop when i got it in 2008, but now not so much. do i care? not at all. it's still fast and still great and as long as it doesn't crap out i'll hold on to it for another year or two.

think about it, if you were waiting since august 2009 imagine how long you would be waiting for a new phone if you knew...droid in november 2009, incredible in april, shadow in june?, evo in june?, samsung s in july?, droid 2 in october, droid pro in november...and then the next batch of android super phones. not to mention competition from the likes of apple. basically it goes on and on. at some point you have to pick.

some people don't feel the need to upgrade more often than every 2 years, some people can upgrade every year, then some people have the means to upgrade as often as they want. either way as long as you're happy with the phone that works for you then it's all good, right?

cuskit

Reaction score
there will always be a 'better' phone on the horizon. it's gonna be harder and harder for people who say they're waiting to actually pick a phone if you're always concerned about your device being upstaged. for instance my laptop was the top of the line laptop when i got it in 2008, but now not so much. do i care? not at all. it's still fast and still great and as long as it doesn't crap out i'll hold on to it for another year or two.

think about it, if you were waiting since august 2009 imagine how long you would be waiting for a new phone if you knew...droid in november 2009, incredible in april, shadow in june?, evo in june?, samsung s in july?, droid 2 in october, droid pro in november...and then the next batch of android super phones. not to mention competition from the likes of apple. basically it goes on and on. at some point you have to pick.

some people don't feel the need to upgrade more often than every 2 years, some people can upgrade every year, then some people have the means to upgrade as often as they want. either way as long as you're happy with the phone that works for you then it's all good, right?

BzB, your summary nails this to a tee! Right on with your observation - the key is each individual has different wants and resources to purchase new. Nothing wrong with those who like to stay on top of the "latest, greatest, etc." if that's what tickles their fancy, nor is waiting 2 years a detriment of technology for those who wait. As long as your needs are filled - life in the cellphone world is sweet! :) mikey

Reaction score
i switched and its a no brainier sold the MOT on ebay in a flash. so i am all good.

i love the INC hands down over the MOT but the battery life is ehhh on INC.

i think something is wrong with mine. it lasted like 2-3 hrs. bang gone.