Incredible for my first smart phone?

Chumley

Reaction score
I know it's been asked before. I have a old cell phone now and all I do is talk on it. No text's no internet, all I've ever done was download a ring tone.
Now I think i want a smartphone. A fried has an iphone and the games and instant internet access is cool. I don't do facebook, probably won't take many pictures and I likely won't text as I don't have that on my plan. I have played with the incredible in the store but don't really know how it compares to others. I don't understand these terms I hear like sense, root, ui etc...
I like the size and feel of the incredible, but I'm not sure i could use it to it's potential. What I'm reading about the battery scares me. Really, I just want a fast phone that I can get apps and internet on. I don't like the physical keyboard on the droid. Should I take the plunge and use my NE2 on the inc or try a second hand eris or something? Will they have better batteries for the inc? Sorry for the long post.

CatsTide

Reaction score
get the inc...extended batteries will come out soon if you need one

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea u should get the Incredible. I read battery life is about the same on the Eris, so get a more up to date phone.

How cheap can u get the Eris tho?

OP
C

Chumley

Reaction score
Yea u should get the Incredible. I read battery life is about the same on the Eris, so get a more up to date phone.

How cheap can u get the Eris tho?

No idea. I'll probably go by vzw tonight. I just hate to pay for a phone. I've always gone the cheap route and got an older phone. What is sense and why is it better than the plane old droid?

claustin

Reaction score
Whether you like Sense or not is a matter of personal preference. I had the Droid for 3 months which runs vanilla Android, and I prefer Sense. IMO it seems more like a launcher with some custom widgets tied to it, but underneath it does have some nice subtle touches that I like. Overall it just seems like a more polished version of Android, but you're not going to see a huge difference between the two other than the launcher and widgets. And others may disagree, but in my experience the DI is waaaaaaay smoother than the Droid, overclocked or otherwise. I think you'd be happier with the Incredible based on what you want it for. Keep in mind you're not just paying for a phone, you're paying for a tiny little computer that does much more than make phone calls.

Last edited:

claustin

Reaction score
Also if you check Amazon you can get the Incredible for 149.00 with a new contract. I think VZ is 199.00 after rebate.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sense - think Aero and the user interface upgrade for Vista/Win 7 vs. plain old XP.

Well...if its the price...What about the Droid? Is it cheaper where u at? I know u said u dont like the physical keyboard.....

I think u can get Droids dirt cheap at places online with a new contract. U can get a Droid as low as $19.99 from Amazon and Wirefly with a new contract or upgrade.

Low price: Eris free or Droid $19.99 (but Droid has a physical keyboard) with a new contract/upgrade at Amazon, Wire Fly.

Higher Price - Incredible, but its a more up to date phone and doesnt have a keyboard.

And are u eligible for a New Every 2 upgrade? Check out those 2 sites for prices. And with the Incredible under 200 with new contract or upgrade, even if that's not considered cheap to u, its still waay better than full price.

SeattleUser

Reaction score
I was thinking of getting either the Moto Droid or the Incredible, but I just found out that you can't do hands free dialing with your blue tooth headset with either phone. If you need to use your phone while driving I would recommend waiting until they fix this issue.

OP
C

Chumley

Reaction score
Just curious are there any other phones coming out in the next month or so that would rival the Incredible? I just found out about the Galaxy S but I think I would rather have the Inc.

I went by Verizon tonight for a test drive but they had already closed.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
There may be within the next 1-4 months, but price wise they probably will be near the Incredible's price range. IF u can wait I would suggest it. Then u would have even more choices. I kinda wished I woulda waited to use my NE2 upgrade now.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not really. Its so much info flying around right now: 2 phone a read about might actually be one...lol. I dont even know if they will all be on Verizon. And there was talk about the iPhone maybe coming to Verizon.

Wild times ahead my friend......:blink: