talk me into keeping this phone

Wadzii

Reaction score
I just upgraded from my D1 last friday when best buy had the inc for free.

The only reason i upgrades is that it was free and there were times where i could tell the small amount of ram in the d1 was holding the phone back. It was rooted and oc'd to 1.1ghz.

Overall i like the Inc, but the battery life is absolutely terrible. I have tried a few different roms, its not oc'd and i keep the same things running as i did on my D1. The D1 would go about 20hrs on a charge.. this phone, i'm lucky to make it 7hrs.

I have 2 gmail accounts sync'd, one exchange account, google talk and a jabber client running almost 24/7. It is not an option to change any of this.

I dont like the idea of having to buy an extended battery just to make it through the day, but overall I like the phone. It's really nice to have a phone that doesnt weigh 10lbs in my pocket.

If I have to buy a battery just to make it through the day its going back. Is this normal or is something up with it?

warrior21

Reaction score
I know a handful of people with the incredible and the battery life has always been an issue. I remember reading about it quite a bit on here also

Sent from my Droid

riko540

Reaction score
agreed the battery life is one of the downsides to the phone. Mine lasts about 24 hours with heavy use or atleast what I consider heavy use. I would keep it for a few weeks and see if it gets any better, if not return it.

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
Nobody should be talking you into keeping a phone. If you dont like it, return it. If you like it, keep it. Battery isn't ever going to be as good as the Droid 1. Buying an extended battery is your best bet.

Last edited:

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
2 words; bump charge
If that doesn't work return it or get another battery

wified from a monolith using a slider

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
agreed the battery life is one of the downsides to the phone. Mine lasts about 24 hours with heavy use or atleast what I consider heavy use. I would keep it for a few weeks and see if it gets any better, if not return it.

Wow, you will not find a smartphone that last more than 24 hours on minimal use. if it's that big of a deal to hook it up to a charger every night, then a smartphone is not for you.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

mbh87

Reaction score

Wow, you will not find a smartphone that last more than 24 hours on minimal use. if it's that big of a deal to hook it up to a charger every night, then a smartphone is not for you.

My Droid X can easily last 24+ hours with the OEM extended battery on minimal usage.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

My Droid X can easily last 24+ hours with the OEM extended battery on minimal usage.

Not my point :p extended batteries were not taken into consideration, lol.

But seriously, what is the big deal with a phone lasting less than 24 hours? I mean, just hook it up to a charger beside your bed before you goto bed. I find it very simple and easy.

mbh87

Reaction score
I haven't used my standard battery in a while so I don't even remember how long it would last me. Battery life on this phone is better than the last 2 android phones I had tho.

As long as it gets me til bed time I am good but maybe he works 24s or something.

elcompaLalo

Reaction score
7 hours of battery life would really suck, I wouldn't give it a second thought.............and replace it! Give it a few days and see if it gets better.

I am new to the smartphone world, would it not be for how quick my D2 fully charges I'd return it in a heartbeat.

Sent from Droid2

pete1979

Reaction score
7 hours of battery life would really suck, I wouldn't give it a second thought.............and replace it! Give it a few days and see if it gets better.

I am new to the smartphone world, would it not be for how quick my D2 fully charges I'd return it in a heartbeat.

Sent from Droid2

Not that this helps you and I am sure my usage is much different then yours, but I was able to get 31 hours out of mine and I just bought it. I use exchange and a couple other email accounts. I followed many tips on this site and conditioned my battery.

OP
W

Wadzii

Reaction score
I'm borrowing an evo 1500mah battery from a buddy who keeps 2 for his phone just to see how much longer that works.

I hit 9hrs on the phone today, but I hardly used it all. I take the phone off the charger around 7am and need it to last until about midnight. My d1 had no problems with this at all.

If the 1500mah battery doesnt work i'm returning it and getting a fascinate. Girl has one, she has no problem getting 15-20hrs out of the phone and she has no idea what she's doing.. haha

RyanPm40

Reaction score
I have the 1750 mAh seido battery and bump charge.

Uptime: 13:51:54
Awake Time: 2:31:36
Battery Percentage: 46%

And, honestly, I didn't notice that huge a difference between this battery and stock. But, I'd say I'm doing a lot better than you!

Get SetCPU, and set you're screen off to 384 max, 245 min, on demand, 98 priority. I've noticed a good difference. Bump charge. Set things to only sync manually. Turn GPS and Bluetooth off. Get Screebl Lite.

That's all I do to keep my phone lasting me the day :p. I unplugged at 9:00 AM this morning, and it is now 11:05 PM with 46% left.

benner

Reaction score
Running cyanogenmod c6.xx? and I'm still over 50% with 13:30 awake. On stock battery. Can't complain about that.