Google Nav and bluetooth?

kmo

Reaction score
Well, just another annoyance with bluetooth and my INC. When I'm in Google Navigation/driving directions and I have my bluetooth earpiece in my INC doesn't go through the bluetooth. The phone will talk to me about directions but only through the physical speaker on the phone. Am I missing something in a preference setting? What's up with the bluetooth functions, I can't dial out with bluetooth in the car, only capable of answering a phone call and now I can't hear directions through the bluetooth earpiece, WTF. Who designed this thing, such a great phone for the most part but it's like they left out some key features in bluetooth mode. I'm sure I am not the only one who thinks this is ridiculous for a high end smartphone.... :icon_evil:

jbjtkbw00

Reaction score
The headset has to have the capability to transmit the information via bluetooth (or receive rather). I forget the protocol, but I have a Jawbone Icon, and the new profile (A2DP I think) that can now be added, allowed me to do exactly what you're describing, so I believe it's the headset, not the phone in this case.

OP
kmo

kmo

Reaction score
That's strange, it must be an Android thing not sending because this is a relatively new bluetooth headset and it worked transmitting via bluetooth and VZ navigator on my last phone. I will check into this though, never thought about the possibility of it being the bluetooth device itself. ??????
Edit: <I thought I read some where that the INC does not support GPS bluetooth>
Well for what's it's worth, just got off the phone with a VZW tech and was told that the INC does NOT support Google GPS bluetooth at this point. Don't know if that's 100% correct but it's what I was told. I think it's a software issue with Google not the INC, don't know for sure all I do know is it's CRAZY to not have this feature installed from day 1 on this device.

Last edited:

BassmanBob

Reaction score
I found, at least with my in-car bluetooth (10 Jetta), that if I was using music, listen, or pandora that I get navigation. Basically I had to have something constantly transmitting to keep the connection active. Not sure if it is the same for a headset.

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
You have to set the Bluetooth to pick up music and other audio and not just calls. You can do this by connecting the headset and then long pressing on it and going into the settings for that headset. I believe this will now make the Navigation stream through the bluetooth and not the phone.