Google Maps navigation via bluetooth?

phreek

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to get the navigation in Google Maps to work via bluetooth?

My calls come through on my earpiece but the navigator for some reason still only wants to talk through the phone's speakers... This is a bit frustrating.

Mr.Waters

Reaction score
i agree with you, i bought the bluetooth just for the reason that i could use it with navigation but i can't seem to get it to work

MNTNBKR

Reaction score
My Google Nav works through BT, but I'm using a BT car stereo, not a head set. My nav instructions from the Droid are played over my car speakers. Your headset probably doesn't support media (the A2DP profile I think). I'm not into the BT headsets at all, so I'm not positive about what I just wrote, but I do know that Google Nav can work over BT.

giant25

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Previous post is correct. Navigation comes through on the A2DP profile, not the headset profile. I have a stereo bluetooth gateway hooked into my car, and when I'm connected to it, I hear Nav through my cars speakers. However, I don't hear nav on my Jawbone, as it is not a stereo headset.