Navigating Custom Google maps

mtjader

Reaction score
Can someone tell me if it s it posible to get Google Navigation to give turn by turn directions following a custom google map imported too my Driod from "My Maps" created on my computer.

I can import the custom map with out trouble and see it on my Driod; but Navigation dose not want to fallow my custom root. Navigation ignores my map and takes it own root instead.

rjsurfer

Reaction score
It works for me, I can create a custom map in Google Maps and then email it Droid.

Then just double click on the email's directions and off I go.

How are you trying it?

Ron W.

OP
M

mtjader

Reaction score
Custom root

Custom maps work for me also with all the icons and other things I can add to my custom map.

But when I change or pull the original root line in google maps on the PC to an alternate root to my liking, it will save in "my maps" and show the new root on the phone when I pull it from "my maps" to my phone, but the navigator app on the phone will not fallow my root. Instead it pulls a fresh navigation root from the internet when I click on the Navigate icon at the start of my root, and takes me on Navigations app's new root. It dose this even though my custom root in shown with a separate line or root on the map. :blink:

Dose any one now how to get turn by turn directions on my custom rooting?

OP
M

mtjader

Reaction score
Any ideas on how to fallow a custom root? :unsure:

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I haven't found a way.

FYI, it's "route". Root is something else. ;)