is anyone else having problems with the bluetooth mic dropping out?

Hillary327

Reaction score
I have searched and searched and have yet to find anyone with the same problems. Here's what I am experiencing....
I have the droid razr (duh) and a plantronics 925 bluetooth earpiece. When on a call all the sudden the mic
will stop working but I can still hear who's on the other end. They can hear me through the phone itself, but not
through the bluetooth. The only way that I have found to correct it is to disconnect the ear piece and reconnect it.
I then get the caller back. I can't be the bluetooth cause I just got the razr last Friday and thats when all this started. Super annoying!!!! help

MonkeyMouth

Reaction score
Well first off I would look through the Smart Actions and see if any actions like turning off the screen turn the bluetooth off.

OP
H

Hillary327

Reaction score
I just looked. I don't have any smart actions yet....still need to read into that and set some up.

Tamcon

Reaction score
Same here only I have tried three bluetooth sets. The problem comes and goes. Restarting the phone won't help.

The bt connection drops within the first second when connecting or when using voice commands. I can't replicate when I want to.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

yakuza

Reaction score
RAZR bluetooth dropping

Yes, I am experiencing the same thing. I know it is not my ear pieces as it occurs with both my Bose Series 2 and my Logitech. At first I though it might be a low battery on my ear piece, but that did not pan out. Can't figure it out - it just happens out of the blue. It is a bug in the Mot Bluetooth program for sure. I hope they fix it in an update quick-like. It becomes quite a pain to get it to work again. All I know is that the bluetooth indicator remains lit on the phone, even if I turn off the earpiece. Switching to speaker mode, and then back to bluetooth will lose all sound and require a reboot.

OP
H

Hillary327

Reaction score
Sad that you both are having the same problem, but relieved it's not just me. My quick fix is the power off the ear piece and then turn it back on. So far so good, but a giant pain in the butt. Hopefully Moto does something quick.

yakuza

Reaction score
Bluetooth dropping

Powering off the earpiece doesn't work for me. My phone still thinks it is paired. One of the last tricks I tried was to go into settings and turn off the bluetooth connection, then restart bluetooth. From now I am going to take note of the procedures I go through each time.

ripclaw

Reaction score
I have searched and searched and have yet to find anyone with the same problems. Here's what I am experiencing....
I have the droid razr (duh) and a plantronics 925 bluetooth earpiece. When on a call all the sudden the mic
will stop working but I can still hear who's on the other end. They can hear me through the phone itself, but not
through the bluetooth. The only way that I have found to correct it is to disconnect the ear piece and reconnect it.
I then get the caller back. I can't be the bluetooth cause I just got the razr last Friday and thats when all this started. Super annoying!!!! help

I'm having the same exact issue! I'm using the bluetooth with a Scosche BlueFusion.

jays91ls

Reaction score
I've got bluetooth from the factory in all 3 of my cars and haven't had a problem , guess i should be aware if it does lol :blink:

OP
H

Hillary327

Reaction score
Have you heard back yet?

Here is what Moto says...

Try to disconnect the headset from the phone. Go to Settings, Wireless and Networks, Bluetooth Settings, look for plantronics under bluetooth devices. Tap and hold Plantronics to disconnect. Re connect the headset to your phone. If you get the same result, perform a factory reset on your phone. It is best to do a reset on your headset as well. How? Contact Plantronics.

To perform factory data reset on your Razr:

Factory Data Reset is a tool used to remove everything that was imported, added or installed on the device. Keep in mind, when using this feature everything is deleted. Nothing stored on the MicroSD or the internal phone storage will be affected unless you choose to erase it as well.

Factory Data Reset

From the screen of your phone, press the Menu button
Tap Settings.
Scroll down and tap Privacy
Tap Factory Data Reset
Check Erase internal storage if you would like to erase all the data on the phone internal storage such as applications, music, movies or photos.
Tap Reset Phone

Please let us know if you get the same result.

For information about Motorola products and services, please visit us at Motorola Home - Motorola USA

Thank you for contacting Motorola e-mail support.

Best Regards,

Denz

OP
H

Hillary327

Reaction score
Haven't tried the factory reboot. I doubt that will fix it. Just did the lame disconnect thing. We'll see how that goes.

OP
H

Hillary327

Reaction score
Got a Bose 2 for Christmas. So far so good, no disconnecting. We'll see how it goes.