is anyone else having problems with the bluetooth mic dropping out?

DonnaStucky

Reaction score
I am having this problem continually. Had it with Bose 2, Jawbone Icon, and now Motorla Elite Sliver. Have disconnected and repaired. Have been having this problem for a month now. Really do not want to have to do a factory reset. Did the most recent update just a few weeks ago and did not help.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Haven't tried the factory reboot. I doubt that will fix it. Just did the lame disconnect thing. We'll see how that goes.

I am having this problem continually. Had it with Bose 2, Jawbone Icon, and now Motorla Elite Sliver. Have disconnected and repaired. Have been having this problem for a month now. Really do not want to have to do a factory reset. Did the most recent update just a few weeks ago and did not help.

Same here only I have tried three bluetooth sets. The problem comes and goes. Restarting the phone won't help.

The bt connection drops within the first second when connecting or when using voice commands. I can't replicate when I want to.
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Yes, I am experiencing the same thing. I know it is not my ear pieces as it occurs with both my Bose Series 2 and my Logitech. At first I though it might be a low battery on my ear piece, but that did not pan out. Can't figure it out - it just happens out of the blue. It is a bug in the Mot Bluetooth program for sure. I hope they fix it in an update quick-like. It becomes quite a pain to get it to work again. All I know is that the bluetooth indicator remains lit on the phone, even if I turn off the earpiece. Switching to speaker mode, and then back to bluetooth will lose all sound and require a reboot.

Sad that you both are having the same problem, but relieved it's not just me. My quick fix is the power off the ear piece and then turn it back on. So far so good, but a giant pain in the butt. Hopefully Moto does something quick.

I'm having the same exact issue! I'm using the bluetooth with a Scosche BlueFusion.

I have searched and searched and have yet to find anyone with the same problems. Here's what I am experiencing....
I have the droid razr (duh) and a plantronics 925 bluetooth earpiece. When on a call all the sudden the mic
will stop working but I can still hear who's on the other end. They can hear me through the phone itself, but not
through the bluetooth. The only way that I have found to correct it is to disconnect the ear piece and reconnect it.
I then get the caller back. I can't be the bluetooth cause I just got the razr last Friday and thats when all this started. Super annoying!!!! help

OK, so this is a more widespread problem than even I was aware of. I started a thread back on January 28, (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...5-speaker-phone-but-sound-comes-earpiece.html)...and yes, the problems mentioned here and those on my thread based on the title and also inside are all related since the reset apparently fixed all of them at once and some experienced more than one problem at the same time as I did.

Apparently the problem(s) is/are related to something going awry on the phone. I have yet to isolate it but at least I and another poster have confirmed that a Factory Reset fixes the problem. What I am interested in from EVERYONE above, is what version of Android system your phone is on (I am assuming 2.3.6 also known as 6.12.173.XT912.Verizon.en.US), and then what apps you have installed. Now I know, for you to list all the apps you installed yourself may be a bit of a hassle, but I am hoping to find a common thread with all of us that points to the app or apps which caused this.

Please reply.

Last edited:

cpferroni

Reaction score
My razr just started exhibiting this problem. Android 4.0.4 build 6.7.2 system. 6.16.211. Has there been any progress on this since last February? Thanks.