Taking a sabbatical from theming/designing.

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I figured I'd post this thread in the CVPCS forum since it is/was my "home" ROM for the Droid 1.
I will not be theming or updating/porting any of my themes for the forseeable future to newly updated ROMs.
It's time for a break. Over the last few weeks things in my personal life have changed and my free time to make boot animations and themes has become extremely limited. The last several months, Android has been consuming my life basically and it has taken it's toll. So I need to get things in order again or else the Mrs. will be very unhappy lol.

As all the themers know, it can be very time-consuming, not only to make an original theme, but updating to new ROMs and new versions of apps as well...no to mention fixes/bugs the original port had in it.
I don't feel I can do my best work with the time I have available and supporting a theme is definitely out of the question.

I do, however, want to let all themers and up and coming themers know that the work I have contributed thus far is free for you to port/update on your own. I give full permission to use my work in anything you may want to use in the future.
My two orginal themes, Executive Series and Gem Blue is fair game for anyone to use.
My 3rd theme, Red Rum 2.0, was based off of bgill55's original Red Rum theme. So for at least that one, please ask bgill55 for permission to use that in an update/port. Purely out of respect for him and his awesome work and contributions to the community.

For all of them, I ask out of respect to give credit in your posts to any elements of my themes you have used.

Regarding my boot animations, feel free to use them, mash them up, remix...whatever.
Theres a few of them included in my themes and others are scattered throughout the forums.

I hope you have enjoyed what I've contributed to the theming community. It's been real fun learning all this stuff about our phones and hacking in general.
Droidforums.net is a great place for all kinds of information and the staff here, IMO, does a great job at bringing us content for everyone to use.
I'll still be visiting this site to learn more and help out where I can, but on a limited basis.

Thanks for all your inspiration and kind comments pertaining to my work. I truly appreciate it.
Hopefully I'll be able to make a triumphant return in the future!

Carl

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Take a break.Carl and when you are ready please come back. Thank you 4 everything You have done up to this point.

Roland B.

Reaction score
First and foremost.... THANK YOU, Carl. For all your hard work and inspirations to this community. I love your themes and tried them all, take your time with the family and recoop. I know you'll come back with some hella wicked themes when the time is right......and again THANK YOU...

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Personal life comes first bruther....go live it.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
thanks for everything, man - outstanding work, and a sincere willingness to help and share - a great example for this forum. looking forward to a (hopefully) quick triumphant return!

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Good luck with everything Carl. A sincere thank you for all that you did for the members here.

See you around!

Sent from my Droid

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Take care Carl... thanks for sharing your knowledge with me Bro... I appreciated it then, and still do now.

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Thanks for all the great work man! Take your well deserved break and, if life permits, we'll look forward to seeing what inspiration you come back with!

ukyfan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Take care dude. Like everyone else has already said life comes first. Come back when you are ready. We will be waiting

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks for your contributions.... take care of yourself!!

... you're always welcome back!

eclsnowman

Reaction score
It is so refreshing to see someone say "hey I created this to be a part of a community, it now belongs to the community". I was getting sick of all the "Me, Me, Mine" Ego Lords out there. Good for you, and enjoy the time off.

Sometimes we forget to take time to relax and enjoy these toys we hack so much.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the work you've done for the community, now you need to work on your personal affairs. Take your time and we'll still be here when you're ready to get back into it. Thanks again!