T-Mobile's New #DefeatDuopoly ad Campaign Turns John Legere into a Comic Book Superhero

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

The above video is a new commercial from the creative minds at T-Mobile. Their newest #DefeatDuopoly ad campaign takes direct aim Verizon & AT&T. The ad campaign paints John Legere as a superhero in a faux comic book destined to take down the corruption of their villainous enemy.

The specific story of this "comic book" draws attention to T-Mobile's struggle to get enough spectrum to compete in the market. Legere wants the FCC to alter the rules of their auction this year to give other carriers besides AT&T and Verizon a fighting chance to get enough 600MHz spectrum.

The rules the FCC have used so far basically let the highest bidder buy up as much spectrum as they want. Verizon and AT&T already have quite a bit of spectrum that they don't even use, and are basically hoarding it so that their competitors like T-Mobile and Sprint don't have a chance to compete on a fair scale.

The commercial is all quite dramatic and a bit silly, but it's actually a clever way to draw folks' attention to the issue.

Last edited:

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Is it sad that I want T-mo to get more spectrum in the hopes that they and/or Sprint will expand up to my area so I can see about getting on Google fi? Haha! Their coverage map is sad in my region since neither smaller carrier exists here.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Forget BvS I want to see the T-Mobile superhero movie.

:D