T-Mobile's John Legere Trolls Verizon's New Logo

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Again, you said "ALL carriers responded". Does not one carrier make that claim as wrong as two or three? If you wanted to say TMo has had a big impact on Sprint, and to lesser extent AT&T, then your contention would have been much more accurate.

And there's no proof VZW responding to an AT&T move is an indirect response to TMo. AT&T also does plenty of their own moves to compete with VZW that have nothing to do with TMo. Data prices (or at least bandwidth) are and were going to come down, just as it did with cell minutes, regardless of what TMo was doing.

VZW has never targeted the value/bargain hunter, so TMo going after the bottom feeders has very little, if any, influence on VZW.
It's really silly to claim that Verizon doesn't bother with T-Mobile at all. I can't imagine that any decent exec at Verizon would keep his job if he completely underestimated another widely popular carrier that is growing its marketshare that fast. Feel free to "debate" it all you want...

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I had a woman come in and switch from Vzw to Tmo simply because Vzw supports Planned Parenthood. That was interesting.

Sent from my Verizon G4

5dcueOV.jpg

When there are no words...

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Verizon is the only real option in the northwest part of the country. Nobody else even comes close.
V and ATT are strong in San Diego, but V is that minimal percent better where is counts. Sprint and T-mobile are basically lying to users here, they find out later that 4G is OK downtown, but outside the megapolis, it's 3G and dropped calls.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I get great reception in NE Ohio. A bunch of us were boating last night and I and another guy had service both Verizon. Sprint kept going in and out. I think one had TMO but I can't for sure answer that. A couple beers in and it didn't matter anymore.

We were checking the radar constantly. We still got wet.

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Some people stand up for what they believe in. It's rare these days, but you do still see it.
If you look at all the big guys, they all get support from someone or something you may not like...
So unless talking on CB radios you made with your own parts works for you, and the horse is quality travel etc, it's simply not a feasible call to make.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
If you look at all the big guys, they all get support from someone or something you may not like...
So unless talking on CB radios you made with your own parts works for you, and the horse is quality travel etc, it's simply not a feasible call to make.

I make decisions about who/what/where/when/etc based upon my own personal experiences and I'm sure a lot of others do too.

I'm not brand loyal. I stopped using an oil change place that I used for years simply because they kept insisting their techs drive my cars around with clothes on that they wore in the oil pit. The attendant that normally worked the cars in plain clothes moved up to the shipping department and his position wasn't refilled.

The woman changing to TMO is no different. She didn't like what was happening and made a change.

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score

The woman changing to TMO is no different. She didn't like what was happening and made a change.

I support anyone that's has her opinion.
It's free market.
My parents were looking at stopping using some product several years ago probably for something in the same realm, but found that every large Corp had supported just about every odd group at some time or another... So they left well enough alone, besides washing in the creek wasn't on the list of options...

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
I had a woman come in and switch from Vzw to Tmo simply because Vzw supports Planned Parenthood. That was interesting.

Sent from my Verizon G4

So I guess she supports Unplanned Parenthood?;)

Anywho...great discussion!! John Legere made me stop and raise an eyebrow when he claimed that those who tether illegally are thieves.

I still enjoy watching him change the game regardless.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I like what Tmoby is doing. I am not necessarily the biggest fan of HOW Mr. Leger likes to word things...

PS I hate VZW's new logo too. SO LAME.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is anyone, outside of our little world of geekdom, even paying attention to what Leger is spewing? I follow this stuff and if not for DF news stories I wouldn't even know, or care, who their CEO is much less what he's saying to get attention to himself. He's like Trump before his tv show and presidential campaign. A smart business man that ain't real pretty to look at and has an ego the size of Texas.
T-Mobile has directly affected the industry, thus affecting Verizon directly though a twisty road to see the effect.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
No more screwing than AT&T tries to do. At least when Verizon screws you, you have cell phone service to call some one to complain. :D

And this is why I stay with Big Red.....I rarely have single issues.

from my sexy edge+

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
^ this^
I also like MBM's Trump analogy..... haha!
I have no beef with a T-Mo as a company, but their CEO is a whiny baby who resorts to putting others down in order to build himself & his company up, and THAT (to me) is what makes him a laughing stock.

Last edited:

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
^ this^
I also like MBM's Trump analogy..... haha!
So You're saying that the T-mobile dude and Trump are bringing up real issues that the other clowns are to scared to discuss?