System Update notification popped up.

djspy

Reaction score
About 20 minutes ago the notification popped up. Of course I pressed okbut unfortunately sprecovery blocked it! I am now unrooted(frg83) hopping the thing pops up again. Surprise gingerbread update?! I don't know we'll see what happens.

OP
djspy

djspy

Reaction score
I just got off the phone VZW tech support and they told me the latest software version they have on file is NOT FRG83G but FRK??? I can't remember the rest but he did tell it to me. He told me to keep checking the software update through about phone. Unfortunately I was calling with my Droid so there wasn't much he could do. He told me to call back with another phone and they'll try to push the update to me. I'll keep you guys informed about this and if I do get an update.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I was just reading about the latest update for the D1. It is Frk and I believe it is version 2.2.3. It contains some security updates or something like that. I will try and track it down again to add some more detail in here for you.

wlemammoth

Reaction score
It's just two security updates, there is a thread about it in general discussions. I was supposed to beta test it but when they pushed it a couple days ago it didn't take. It had been so long since an update it didn't cross my mind that I was rooted. Oh well, I'm just waiting to dump this dinosaur now.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Thanks for clarifying, I knew it was something along those lines. I found the article I was reading but got side tracked with some errands and did not make it back here fast enough.

OP
djspy

djspy

Reaction score
it's disappointing to say the least. oh well, i should be able to order the RAZR in a couple of weeks :)

Stormy Knight

Reaction score
Just got this pushed to my Droid 10 minutes ago:
Android Version: 2.2.3
Kernal: 2.6.32.9-g68eeef5
Android Build@apa26#1
Build Number FRK76

KwlAznKid

Reaction score
just got it while laying in bed and got up to check here to see if it was legit :) thanks guys

johnnieeve

Reaction score
2.2.3 ota

Nice to see our OD is still in the loop on updates. Can't remember the last one.

As much as I think I would enjoy the new Nexus phone, just not sure I'm quite ready to up on my Droid. Works fine, still feels zippy and it does have Adobe Flash, something the Nexus will not have, at least out of the box.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
it's disappointing to say the least. oh well, i should be able to order the RAZR in a couple of weeks :)

How is it disappointing? ANY software update for a phone that is over 2 years old is what I call awesome support.

jhardy93

Reaction score
Frk76

Does anyone know what this update actually does? I want to know if it breaks the ability to root. I would not want to install it then. I have seen that as a rumor.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Does anyone know what this update actually does? I want to know if it breaks the ability to root. I would not want to install it then. I have seen that as a rumor.

Sorry to say I have not seen anything about whether or not it breaks root. If one of these fine users who took the OTA does not chime in I will certainly report back as soon as something pops up about it for me to read.

cubsfanaz

Reaction score

Was rooted stock on FRG83G. Went ahead and took the update to FRK76. Lost root. Was able to easily re-root the phone using Super One Click. According to the info before the I took the update, it said it was to update security issues.

MrTommy

Reaction score
My wife's Moto 1 (which is several months younger than mine) got her 2.2.3 yesterday. I've seen nothing yet. And, I'm still liking this old dinosaur cuz it works fine and does everything I originally bought it for. While it's tempting to upgrade to a slicker, cooler, faster phone (with 4G), I'm just not sure I want that. Besides, where I use my phone most of the time (hwy 95 between Reno and Las Vegas), I'm lucky to have PHONE SERVICE and 3G, let alone 4G - ha.

Last edited: