Text pop up problem.

Desert Eagle

Reaction score
New to rooting and am loving UD tons. One problem that i am having tho is whenever i get a text a pop up comes up that is not from handcent or the system messaging app. I have notifications turned off in the system one. It is quite annoying to have that one pop up over the handcent pop up, then i click reply and it just opens handcent. If anyone could help me out with getting that off i would be thankful.

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
if it is the pop up that I am thinking of it is from Handcent. To turn it off you need to go into Handcent > menu > settings > notification settings > uncheck "Enable popup" (its the first choice when the notification settings open). That will stop the popup.

OP
D

Desert Eagle

Reaction score
Unfortunately did not fix it. I want the handcent pop up. This pop up is separate from handcent and not part of the android base texting app. Leads me to believe that there is a pop up notification built into UD? Or am i crazy?

macdonaldj2

Reaction score
Try installing the modified sms app, SMS Popup then go into notifications in that and turn them off

gwhiz377

Reaction score
I'm not sure if it was in UD itself, but I know in one of the themes there was an SMS pop up app that came installed. I had to use Root Explorer and go into /system/apps to delete it. I believe it can be deleted with Titanium Backup, but I'm not 100% sure.

OP
D

Desert Eagle

Reaction score
I'm not sure if it was in UD itself, but I know in one of the themes there was an SMS pop up app that came installed. I had to use Root Explorer and go into /system/apps to delete it. I believe it can be deleted with Titanium Backup, but I'm not 100% sure.
Thank you so much. I forgot to mention that i do have a theme over UD. I used root explorer and found it and deleted it. Thank you very much for your help.

gwhiz377

Reaction score
No problem. If it is the UDlution theme you're using, there's also a Last Call and ESPN app in there as well that you may want to uninstall as well.