Text Message Pop Up Issue

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I use Handcent for my messaging and hate the stock app. When I'm getting an incoming text message when the phone is just in idle mode, I get that pop up with the text message in it from the stock messaging application. I went into the settings of that app and attempted to stop it from happening. I also attempted to disable it from Handcent. But, I'm still get the pop up and have to "x" out of it.

Does anyone even understand my dilemma? :)

Jacquiroze

Reaction score
I use Handcent for my messaging and hate the stock app. When I'm getting an incoming text message when the phone is just in idle mode, I get that pop up with the text message in it from the stock messaging application. I went into the settings of that app and attempted to stop it from happening. I also attempted to disable it from Handcent. But, I'm still get the pop up and have to "x" out of it.

Does anyone even understand my dilemma? :)

I, too wish to disable text message pop-ups. I don't want my text messages visable on the home screen. I hope someone can chime in to help us remove this feature.

srleadjb

Reaction score
Just go into the stock message app and deselect notifications. Then go to Handset settings and deselect pop ups.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App