System Update notification popped up.

DoctorDeDroid

Reaction score
I have 2 questions ...

One... does accepting this lose root (answered by prior post)

Two... will this hammer the custom recovery and make me reflash it?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

keeleon

Reaction score
Was rooted stock on FRG83G. Went ahead and took the update to FRK76. Lost root. Was able to easily re-root the phone using Super One Click. According to the info before the I took the update, it said it was to update security issues.

Can you give me some more info as to what super one click you used? I tried using the latest version (like 2.1?) And it went through the process once, but when it said it would send A command nothing showed up. Then it said it was rooted but barnacle ddnt work. Now it just hangs any time I try the super one click or petes motorola root.

MightyT01

Reaction score
Can you give me some more info as to what super one click you used? I tried using the latest version (like 2.1?) And it went through the process once, but when it said it would send A command nothing showed up. Then it said it was rooted but barnacle ddnt work. Now it just hangs any time I try the super one click or petes motorola root.

I am in the same boat. I have a stock rooted og droid. I am holding off on the security update until I can re-root this phone with certainty. I used super one-click to root and would also like to know which version successfully re-rooted after the update.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am in the same boat. I have a stock rooted og droid. I am holding off on the security update until I can re-root this phone with certainty. I used super one-click to root and would also like to know which version successfully re-rooted after the update.

Just use this: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-labs/74028-root-droid-1-regardless-os-version.html

It will most certainly work. Just be sure to read through everything and THEN begin. Lol.

keeleon

Reaction score

I got it rooted by using SuperOneClick v1.7 with rageagainstthecage. Apparently the "zerg rush" in the newer versions doesn't work. It kept hanging up during one of the parts, and I can't remember if I disabled and then reenabled the usb debugging while it was still plugged in, or if I unplugged it and then replugged it while it was still running. One of those worked and got around the looping issue.

diverken

Reaction score
Installed this update about a week ago, as part of test group.
Very small update to fix two security issues.

I am not rooted.

MightyT01

Reaction score
I can positively confirm that SuperOneClick v1.9.1 using exploit Psnueter worked like a charm to re-root my OG Droid after I installed the FRK76. It was stupid simple. Love SuperOneClick. Ironically my used Droid Bionic just arrived today at the same time the security patch got on my OG Droid, funny. At least the OG got one last bit of love before I retire her to WiFi status.

WallyIAm

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
It looks like I had a unique experience with this. My wife's phone is a rooted (using RSDLite) stock FRG83G. Unbeknownst to me, she got the update notification and hit OK. After it was done, she rebooted as directed. By the time I found out, the triangle with the exclamation point was showing on the screen. I slid the keyboard out, pressed a button, and it was in CWMod Recovery. I rebooted, checked the version, and it still listed FRG83G. Did the update download but get blocked somehow by CWMod? If so, I assume the 700+ M file is sitting in her phone somewhere. Any thoughts on this? :blink:

bacK_N_87

Reaction score
Yeah I just got it too and I'm not even using that phone. I thought it was odd to even see an update.

Sent from my DROID3

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
It looks like I had a unique experience with this. My wife's phone is a rooted (using RSDLite) stock FRG83G. Unbeknownst to me, she got the update notification and hit OK. After it was done, she rebooted as directed. By the time I found out, the triangle with the exclamation point was showing on the screen. I slid the keyboard out, pressed a button, and it was in CWMod Recovery. I rebooted, checked the version, and it still listed FRG83G. Did the update download but get blocked somehow by CWMod? If so, I assume the 700+ M file is sitting in her phone somewhere. Any thoughts on this? :blink:

Did you guys mod or delete anything on it at all? If you did then it probably errored out or blocked the install. And I believe the update actually downloads to your cache which should get cleared on reboot.

WallyIAm

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Did you guys mod or delete anything on it at all? If you did then it probably errored out or blocked the install. And I believe the update actually downloads to your cache which should get cleared on reboot.

Not that I recall. I installed adfree and some other apps that require root, but didn't otherwise mod it. It's vanilla.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Not that I recall. I installed adfree and some other apps that require root, but didn't otherwise mod it. It's vanilla.

Very strange. I would try it again and if it does not work you may have to SBF back to stock, stay unrooted, and then try it. It's not really a major update thoude so it honestly may not be worth it at that point.

WallyIAm

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Very strange. I would try it again and if it does not work you may have to SBF back to stock, stay unrooted, and then try it. It's not really a major update thoude so it honestly may not be worth it at that point.

I'm actually cool with it being blocked. It saves me from having to re-root. It just seemed odd how it failed.

WallyIAm

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
I'm going to bump this, with a request for advice. As I posted before, my wife's phone is stock rooted FRG83G. I must have modded something minor, because the update errors out. I'm looking to update her phone for the sole purpose of making the @#$! notice go away. The thing is presistent and keeps interrupting her. There's no longer a compelling reason for her to stay rooted, so I'd like to unroot and let the update do its thing. Here's the catch; her charging/USB port is mangled so I don't have a trustworthy connection to a computer, and can't SBF back to stock. ROM Manager has a stock image section, but it's blank. Any ideas on how to return it to stock without an SBF?