System Update fail

mrm0rbid99

Reaction score
Wait so if you are running 2.0.1 you can't just skip 2.1 and go straight to 2.2?

Edit: Can you share your crackpipe, I dropped mine. Jk. But seriously ill email you a fedex label.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
And now that I'm home smoking crack, I just had a real crack thought I'd like to share. I'm not even sure the MasterFRG22D*.zip file I have will work coming from 2.0.1/ESD56. I am _almost_ thinking an update to 2.1/ESE81 needs to be done first.

Just kidding. About the crack smoking part, that is . . . .

OP
B

boscher50

Reaction score
lol u guys r funny ok:

can you go on your phone to menu -> system -> about phone and tell us what the last few lines say?

baseband: C_01.3E.01P
KERNAL: 2.6.29-omap1-g0dd7e0b
android-build@apa26 #511
Build: ESD56

now wut

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
We can provide the various update files to get you there easily enough now. I don't have the time to dig them up right this second, but I might in about an hour -- at the very latest I'll be able to do it tomorrow, but someone should be able to help you before then. :)

OP
B

boscher50

Reaction score
You're a good man, I will wait for you! Please, take your time- however do not forget about me. I appreciate everyones help, goodnight for now.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Just make sure you do them one at a time and you will have to rename them to update.zip for your recovery system to see them.

furman, i'm dowloading both of those now to see what the difference is. The ESD56 to ESE81 file is only about 15mb and the second one is 70+mb. I was under the impression that once you're at ESE81 then you could use the master FRG22D file.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
I was being thorough, nothing more. :) The update patches had more borked FroYo installs than I care to remember.

And I used those links because they're easier for me to navigate and save you on bandwidth costs.

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Not a problem, I know I'm getting upwards of about 400 files in mine (alot of them are getting to be 'collectables'), but my bandwidth doesn't cost me anything extra.

As for the files, it looks like the larger one would be a "Master" FRG01B update file from the looks at the baseband type files and the build.prop file in it.

OP
B

boscher50

Reaction score
So far I've just been waiting for it to prompt me again for update. If it doesn't ask me today ill go ahead and try a manual install.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

rcbjr2

Reaction score
Hey, y'all. I can't seem to get the OTA update to work, either. I was rooted with Z4root. However, I turned it off. Still didn't work. I think that Superuser Permissions stayed around because it continues to crash now and then. I uninstalled Z4root, but learned that it's no longer available in the market. Tried to download it from XDA on my Droid 1, but files don't seem to ever want to download to my phone so I have to go home and grab them using my computer. Anyway, do you think it's Superuser Permissions that might be preventing the 2.2.1 update? How can I get rid of that to just run the update? I'm not sure I even want it, though. I might be better off with 2.2 rooted. Thanks!!

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
The update is mandatory, so you'll just keep getting nagged. If you want to get rid of it, install a custom recovery image, fix it in memory with Motocache1's update.zip, then wipe and install a ROM.