sync droid razor

jimmythegent

Reaction score
How do you sync droid razor with laptop?

LOL, like an iPhone? No such way that I know of. My wife, has an iPhone5, and its so easy to sync and back up its ridiculous. You think Android would have made some central program where you could literally replace your phone, get a new one, hook it up to the PC and restore it like it was your old one.

I can hear people now saying "download this and that" or use the Cloud or "you can but its just not as easy though I have no idea even where to begin."

Trust me, dont lose your phone.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Google leaves that up to the manufacturer's since they don't have strict control.

Samsung has this and it is much better then Apple's offering.
My email, contacts and Calendar are backed up to Gmail.
My pictures are backed up with Dropbox (which blows iCoud out of the water).
I know you don't like installing apps Jimmy... because the phone should just work out of the box as you say, but many of us prefer to find our own apps. And DropBox kicks ass.
https://db.tt/hANMOcoQ

The only thing not backed up on my phone are my text messages which I don't want to backup.
And Google released the new version of Google Hangouts today, actually, which can also do text messaging for you. If you use that for SMS then your text and mms messages will be backed up as well.

What else you need?

jimmythegent

Reaction score
Google leaves that up to the manufacturer's since they don't have strict control.

Samsung has this and it is much better then Apple's offering.
My email, contacts and Calendar are backed up to Gmail.
My pictures are backed up with Dropbox (which blows iCoud out of the water).
I know you don't like installing apps Jimmy... because the phone should just work out of the box as you say, but many of us prefer to find our own apps. And DropBox kicks ass.

The only thing not backed up on my phone are my text messages which I don't want to backup.
And Google released the new version of Google Hangouts today, actually, which can also do text messaging for you. If you use that for SMS then your text and mms messages will be backed up as well.

What else you need?

Sorry for quoting this. Apparently it's the only way to respond [fix it lol]

so if I got a fresh phone... I could just sync up and phone would be back to my old layout etc?

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Sadly no.
Because you bought a Moto.
If you had bought a Samsung, then yes. The Samsung program works just like iTunes. It will move all your settings to your new Samsung device.

Parts of it do, though. Like I mentioned.
Get a new phone and login and your contacts and email\calendar follow you because you synch with Gmail.
IF you use hangouts for SMS then all that will automagically show up on your new phone.
But it won't install all your apps (like Apple and Samsung will [of course it's an extra 3 steps with the iPhone and NOT with the Sammy]).
It won't restore your wallpaper (Apple and Sammy will), it won't copy your pictures TO your device (A&S will) but as I said these are safely backed up on my Dropbox.

I cannot recommend DropBox enough.
Install it on your phone. Install it on your PC.
My phone flew out of my pocket when I was on my motorcycle a few years ago. Shattered. Sd Card lost. Lost the video of my kid crawling for the first time.
Installed DropBox on my new phone. And have been using it ever since. Take a pic and it immediately synchs it to DropBox servers. And if you have it installed on your PC it also downloads it to there, as well. Literally take a pic on my phone, look at my PC and it says "new picture downloaded".
Easily my #1 app. Never lose pics or vids because of a lost or damaged phone.
And use my link to sign up if you get it. I get extra free space for everyone that uses it. :D