****swype****

itwerk

Reaction score
I just downloaded this last night and have been VERY impressed!!! If you haven't gotten it for your droids yet you should asap! it makes regular typing on the virtual keyboards obsolete! easiest way to do it is to;
1) go to your settings and then to applications and turn the "unknown sources" on (that way it lets you download/install things that aren't on the android marketplace)
2) use your browser on your droid and go to "droidmuff.in"
3)then click the icon at the top thats titled "downloads"
3)click on the "swype preview" icon.... then when the page loads there will be a link that says "download" just click it and install it.
4)go to your settings and go to "language and keyboards" and switch from whatever keyboard you're using to the "swype keyboard" also, you can do the tutorial in the swype settings

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
todd, it is free because its a beta version. it's not perfect, but it IS awesome.

try it, you will be happy you did. ;)

ToddClark

Reaction score
where the hell can i find it? its not in the market place. I did a search, and it says there's no matches.

Donkey Hodie

Reaction score
where the hell can i find it? its not in the market place. I did a search, and it says there's no matches.

It's not on the market place because it's not official supported for the Droid. You can get it here

I second what everyone else has said: I love swype!

jtaliani

Reaction score
I was very skeptical about this keyboard after a bad experience on the Omnia II at verizon. As it turns out, it was just user error. Taking your advice, I downloaded this version and went through the tutorial. After understanding how to use it, this keyboard is simply AMAZING! Thank you for providing us with this link and opening my eyes.

bigthinker

Reaction score
Just installed it. Will give it a try.thanks for the heads up...another great reason to use the forums....YOU can learn something new each time here.....:motdroidvert:

RyanS2000

Reaction score
I switched over to swype keyboard a few days after getting my droid. At first it is weird and you kind of want to ditch it. Hang in there and use it and you will realize how awesome it is. So much easier swyping instead of having to press each individual letter. It is very good at detecting the word you are trying to type even if you miss a letter.

lucky

Reaction score
wow!

Ok, so I browse these thread a lot, but I dont post often, but I definitely feel the need to post a reply to this one! THANK YOU! This app is incredible. It even gets my slang(ish) words, amazing... no learning curve if you get what swype is all about. Love it!! :icon_ banana:

Briankbl

Reaction score
I am sooooooooooooooooo glad more people are finding out about Swype! It really adds to that "next-gen" "hi-tech" feel. Better yet, I can type better with Swype just holding the phone casually in one hand while swyping with my thumb - I can Swype better in portrait than I can in landscape with a regular virtual keyboard!

I have tried better keyboard, smart keyboard - neither of which really grabbed me. But when I heard about Swype and gave it a chance...OH MY GOD! I sometimes open up my notepad just to Swype lol. LOVING it!

The Miz

Reaction score
I agree with all these comments. You definitely need to take the tutorial and understand the mechanics and that there is a learning curve involved. Once you get familiar with the program the keyboard is ridiculously amazing.