Swype Problems

cubssuck1908

Reaction score
I cannot, for the life of me, to get Swype to continue to work on my phone. I have tried both the official BETA and an older, cracked copy. Both work after installation (I never installed to SD) but once I restart my phone or after about a day, the functionality ceases. The Swype keyboard remains, but sliding the letters does nothing. No error messages either.
Running UD 3.0.0

Rodeojones

Reaction score
This happened to me before. I uninstalled both Swype and the Swype installer then started over from scratch. No issues since.

aaronmcc11

Reaction score
This happened to me before. I uninstalled both Swype and the Swype installer then started over from scratch. No issues since.

Same here.
That happened on 2.5 though for me. Also.. it would also reset to the android keyboard and i was constantly switching it back to Swype. I never figured that one out.. but it doesn't do it on 3.0.1.. thank the mighty Boognish.

adr3nalin3

Reaction score
Also.. it would also reset to the android keyboard and i was constantly switching it back to Swype. I never figured that one out...

I struggled with this issue for the LONGEST TIME!! I found out it was because of the theme I had implemented for the swype keyboard though.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
I cannot, for the life of me, to get Swype to continue to work on my phone. I have tried both the official BETA and an older, cracked copy. Both work after installation (I never installed to SD) but once I restart my phone or after about a day, the functionality ceases. The Swype keyboard remains, but sliding the letters does nothing. No error messages either.
Running UD 3.0.0

I would suggest an uninstall/reinstall. The new Swype installer is far better then the old version that would constantly break.