Updating Swype in UD 2.0.0

jonnyc

Reaction score
There was recently a new swype put out to beta members, which requires a new installer and download. When I download and install, it tells me I already have Swype installed. I've tried to find the .apk file in the system/app but I know it must be labeled something differently. I read around, and it sounded like to theme swype you needed to rename the latinime.apk to swype.apk. I thought I should delete this to get it off the phone. I did so, and it still says I have Swype installed. Is there something else I need to delete? Is there a way to uninstall the Swype from UD 2.0.0?

Diordna

Reaction score
I have this problem every time I need to update swype.

I go to settings, applications, manage applications, go to All applications and go to where all the swypes are and just delete everything that has swype on it. Then simply put the new one on and install and download ect.

OP
J

jonnyc

Reaction score
ya, i've done this several times. I uninstall the swype download and installer in applications and then try re-downloading the installer and try downloading again, but it still says I have it installed.

Diordna

Reaction score
There has to be some swype that is still somewhere.. you got rid of everything with swype in it's name? Even previous swypes?

OP
J

jonnyc

Reaction score
ya i believe so. I've had no issues up until UD 2.0. I'll keep playing around with it I suppose.

Mohawk3

Reaction score
I was unable to update the new swype as well in UD 2.0. I can get it to install, but it fails at validating the license and force closes every time you try to get in settings. I believe there is some incompatibility between the new beta and UD 2.0.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

AZDroid09

Reaction score
I have frequently had issues with swype saying it is already installed as well. I saw something on their forums that helped. I delete the failed swype install, delete most widgets, go to settings/applications/running services and stop as many processes as possible then run the installer again and it should work....except there is an issue with the UD ROMs, I am on UD 1 and get the failed to validate license. boo!

shoot2scre

Reaction score
I am able to download the new installer, install swype and it validates just fine.

However, whenever I go to turn it on... Swype instantly FC's over-and-over.

Dr.Soul

Reaction score
I have did a search with root explorer in God mode and removed every swype file on my phone, reboot and it gives an error message about swype and is still listed of the language and keyboard section under settings.

anuraj1

Reaction score
Until there is a fix for this, I just went to UD Settings>UD Extras>Keyboards>Swype and it installed the older version of Swype. Better than nothing I guess.

But I really want the updated version!

OP
J

jonnyc

Reaction score
that oddly enough does install the old one, but it's unusable to me. When I swype a word, the box has an outline blink and it does not create the word in the input box. Super annoying.

atticus

Reaction score
My UD extras gets stuck on Running Command when trying to install it.

anuraj1

Reaction score
I sent a link to this thread to Timotato (from Droid-Life) and he is passing it on to Swype's PR guy who will hopefully send someone our way to help us out.
[11:25] <roundabout1> timotato: did it work for you?
[11:25] <+Timotato> roundabout1: It did most definitely
[11:25] <roundabout1> timotato: there is a whole thread about it in the UD section of DF if you know how to make it work: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ultimatedroid/96520-updating-swype-ud-2-0-0-a.html
[11:26] <roundabout1> apparently a lot of us are having FC issues with the new beta
[11:26] <+Timotato> How about this, I'll send that link to Brian who is their PR guy and he can send people over there to try and help. Since I didnt have an issue I cant really troubleshoot :p
[11:26] <roundabout1> timotato, that would be so appreciated
[11:26] <roundabout1> thank you so much!
[11:27] <+Timotato> No problem :D