Swype Beta for Android™ - Updated Installer & Application!

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I stopped using Swype (beta) for a bit and just recently did a hard reset. Just went back and installed the newest version and I can't, like some others, type anything. All I get is the blue rectangle around the keyboard every time I try to type something. Tried the switching to another keyboard and then back. Also tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Still not working.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm not rooted and it's saying my screen is not the right size. Oh well I wasn't using it anyway.

• Uninstalled Swype, nothing else as the first installer was no longer on my phone
  • First install attempt it said I was not on an Android phone.
  • Second pass I used the default browser, instead of Dolphin, and it said my screen size wasn't supported.
  • Uninstalled the new installer and tried once more and the third time did the trick.

So far, so good. Thanks for the head's up, the email was waiting for me and had arrived around half past noon.

smoked glass 6.0 1.1ghz rooted rom - Swype 7625 functional.

Like most things, try try again:) Good luck.

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
Anyone got a working version of the new Swype just released today for the Incredible yet?

J*Bishop

Reaction score
Update to my previous post: I recieved the email from swype and am now on the newest beta release with no issues so far.

casesteam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
New swype is up and running great!

I had a red theme (swypered.apk) for the old one but i don't remember where i got it. Can someone theme this one red so it matches the rest of my stuff? PLEEEEEZ?

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I just upgraded to the new version, and it's working great! I'm not rooted, running stock 2.1

Same here. A couple of points for those reading this thread.

() Unless you are already signed up for the existing beta program on the Swype website, you cannot get the new version of the beta. (7625). They did not re-open the beta program for this update. It is available only to those who already are in the program.

() If you are eligible, be sure to follow the directions in your email to a "T." Uninstall BOTH your existing version of Swype AND the Swype Installer app. The latter can be uninstalled only by Filter:All in ManageApps.

() Cannot speak to problems anyone is having with a custom ROM. I'd think, however, that if you were running a legal version of the Swype beta before, you should be able to download the new version.

() Cannot speak to anyone running Froyo 2.2. That might be problematic.

Edit: Someone else has reported that the new version of Swype works fine on Froyo (2.2)

ok I am in the beta last #s on my new version is 7625.t100

Anomander

Reaction score
Updated to 2.2 today and lost my swype. I tried following the link from the beta email that I had did a couple of days ago and no luck getting back to the page. Not sure if it has something to do with the new version of android, or what, but I am bummed I miss my swyping.

EDIT:
I was able to redownload it and install it again. It is working great on 2.2. Boy did I miss having SWYPE for the few hours I did not have it.

Last edited:

SStratman

Reaction score
Anyone know if the bit older beta of swype works on 2.2? i think i've got the 5612 version

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Both the older version (5612) and the new beta work(ed) for me on Froyo.

tjs

Reaction score
I forced Froyo last night and swype didn't work.
I deleted swype and reinstalled and it is working now.
No idea what version I had but I downloaded it this past June.
Good Luck