Swype Beta for Android™ - Updated Installer & Application!

chomorro

Reaction score
Im stuck, it install perfectly fine. BUt when i swype i get nothing, the keyboard just shows the line of motion but nothing gets inputted. Swype did this to me before and i assumed it had expired so i had to reinstall it.

Tried reinstalling this three times already entering beta login each time.

Suggestions? Im running bbv1.1

Going to titanium back up the old swype if i cant get this thing working.

chomorro

Reaction score
not working for me. i uninstalled the old version and installed the new versions and now whenever i swype i just the blue rectangle around the keyboard like it doesn't recognize it. It is working fine for single key entry though.

Long press the text box > Switch to another keyboard > then switch back.

That generally solves that problem.

----

In other news, with all respect to the mod, but I thought DF wasn't allowing the download of swype to non-beta users. Correct me if I'm wrong...
Tried this fix, and now im just getting the error swype version not for this device. Its version 7625

Guess a few more install attempts couldnt hurt. Im going to rebot this time see if it changes anything.

kaboyd

Reaction score
I tried the link from the email I received from Swype, but the first page it opens says I'm not running an Android device. I'm running the MDW Froyo leak on my Droid. Anyone have an idea?

chomorro

Reaction score
EDIT: Looks like i got it to work. Not sure if it was the reboot after uninstalling or just the 6th time attempting but now it works. I got a confirmation message this time immediately after installing saying thanks for installing press to enable swype. Didnt get that message the other times i installed and version is still 7625 in app manager.

Seems to be working fine though, i suggest bbv1.1 users reboot after removing. Maybe thats the magic trick for us :)

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I tried the link from the email I received from Swype, but the first page it opens says I'm not running an Android device. I'm running the MDW Froyo leak on my Droid. Anyone have an idea?

I long pressed on the link, copied it and used the default browser. I was using Dolphin when I got that same error.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Looks like I'm out. I got the email and did the installation of the installer. When it came to my login, it kept saying that it wasn't right. I tried other possible passwords to no avail. Ah well.

UPDATE: I sent an email saying I couldn't remember and they responded on how to reset the password. I'll try it again.

YET ANOTHER UPDATE: It works on my unrooted Droid. I suppose that click sound can be removed in the setting area.

Last edited:

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Looks like I'm out. I got the email and did the installation of the installer. When it came to my login, it kept saying that it wasn't right. I tried other possible passwords to no avail. Ah well.

UPDATE: I sent an email saying I couldn't remember and they responded on how to reset the password. I'll try it again.

Ahh, you got it.

https://beta.swype.com/android/user/ Where you logon, if you forgot your password is a link:
Retrieve your password here if you forgot your password and can't download Swype.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm not rooted and it's saying my screen is not the right size. Oh well I wasn't using it anyway.

kaboyd

Reaction score

I long pressed on the link, copied it and used the default browser. I was using Dolphin when I got that same error.
Worked great, thank you. It was Dolphin causing the issue.

sherylhs

Reaction score
Thanks Corinacakes! I missed my email and didn't see it until after I read your post.

I hate the learning curve at the beginning of a swype fresh install...but after a day or two I'm back in love. I don't think I could function without this app.

Thanks again!!

~S

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score

Worked great, thank you. It was Dolphin causing the issue.

I got that error too, but I had clicked the link on my PC, not from my phone. Dolphin worked for me though. Hmmm

Capt.D

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have 1.25.16.5612.t100 It works fine....I may better be happy with that I guess....

sportadic22

Reaction score
im running new version just fine. no issues yet. thanks for everything.

2.1 Jrummy pink life rom.