Swype beta 5612 expired?

nmh5028

Reaction score
My Swype beta v 5612 is reporting that it has expired. Anyone else getting this?

I'm also registed for the official beta program, but when I install Swype using the installer provided, it just tells me that it is for a different device and I am unable to swype. Is there a way to fix this?

===========================================

mod edit (so this is in the first post of this thread):

#############################################
subsynth found out that
Swype is available for beta testing for all, tomorrow, June 16th, 2010.
Want Swype? (yes, you do) – Get It Tomorrow For Android Phones

Thanks subsynth!
##############################################

• If you are not signed up for the swype beta...go sign up for it at https://beta.swype.com/android/create/
  • if you got notified via email (first one sent out June 8th, some still coming in even today on June 15th) you can follow their install instructions at https://beta.swype.com/android/welcome/detailed/
  • If it tells you your screen size is no good, try again.
  • If it tells you it is for the wrong device try again
  • You may have to go into settings/apps/manage apps, menukey-filter-all and uninstall both your current swype and swype-installer and then try again.
You need to be part of the beta team to legally install and run the Swype keyboard software. DF does not allow the linking to copies of apps such as the Swype beta nor the asking for such copies of the software. Doing so can result in the banning of anyone posting said links, asking for links, or posting how to aquire such software.

This thread exists to assist those stuck installing their legally obtained copy of Swype.

New beta info posted by billyk , on June 8th:

A new version of the Swype Beta is out. Here are the improvements...

Added better context sensitivity for the “magic button” (go/search/enter/smiley)
Added automatic apostrophe insertion for contractions (e.g. won't, don't, wasn't, etc)
Added the Italian language dictionary
Improved sensing of field type to prevent the display and addition of passwords to the UDB (user dictionary)
Improved suppression of auto-spacing in fields such as URLs and email addresses
Updated the built-in dictionary to include several common words that were previously missing
Rewrote some settings descriptions to be more clear on their functionality
Fixed licensing issue causing “Limited Functionality” errors when rebooting devices running Android 2.0 and later
Fixed licensing issue causing some users to receive an “Incorrect ID” error when installing Swype
Fixed a bug where manually typing some words with word-prediction enabled would cause Swype to crash
Fixed a bug which caused some words added to the UDB to erroneously override other words when word-prediction is enabled
Many other minor bug fixes!

Christim

Last edited by a moderator:

stick1300

Reaction score
Mine just started doing this to me too. I really hope there is a fix, because I love swype!

bwhite757

Reaction score
Happened to me at 12:01 this am... Now I'm learning to type on the regular keyboard again... My buddy haa the version downloaded from the swype site and is not having any problems with his... I don't mind paying for the keyboard, just hope it's made available for the masses soon...

misterMAG

Reaction score
Swype released a new version of the beta. That's why all the old versions expired today.

If you guys didn't know, the beta is closed.

misterMAG

Reaction score
Oh yeah, if you're part of the beta, you should've received an email from them for an installer. The installer requires you to log in.

stick1300

Reaction score
I signed up for the previous beta, but it had already closed, so I was on the waiting list for when it reopened. Still no word. I REALLY want it back

Last edited:

iRanduMi

Reaction score
I signed up for the previous beta, but it had already closed, so I was on the waiting list for when it reopened. Still no word. I REALLY want it back

me 2! I've become completely dependent on Swype. It's soooo good! =(

iPhoneBlowz

Reaction score
I got the new beta but it is not working. I emailed back and forth with support to no avail. They ended up telling me it was user error. Yeah right. -_- lame

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I got the new beta but it is not working. I emailed back and forth with support to no avail. They ended up telling me it was user error. Yeah right. -_- lame

did you try unchecking and rechecking the swype box in language and keyboard? that cleared up the problem for lots. good luck

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
I have the new beta as well. I havent tried an old beta yet. Maybe ill do that now!

EDIT: My old betas of Swype arent working either. Looks like you guys just got to find the new betas.

Last edited:

iPhoneBlowz

Reaction score

did you try unchecking and rechecking the swype box in language and keyboard? that cleared up the problem for lots. good luck

Thanks for the reply Corina. Yes I made sure to do that. They even had me download an app called SendLog. I sent it to them and they said it looked like it should be working.
I followed the instructions to uninstall both the app and the installer then reboot. After rebooting downloaded the new beta, installed it. And no dice. I rolled back to the previous version for a few days til they killed it like everyone else's. :(

I just downloaded it one more time before dumping it for ShapeWriter. It installed fine and is working. I have no idea why it took some many times trying and jumping through hoops. Uninstalling ShapeWriter as soon as I finish this update. heh

Last edited:

Stretch2m

Reaction score
Switching to ShapeWriter for good this time. I uninstalled by now expired beta copy, and then installed the installer, which then installed Swype, and it immediately says, "Unable to register Swype: already installed" or some such. I'm soooo done with jumping through their hoops. I resisted switching to ShapeWriter last time I had trouble getting Swype to work (yes, I am registered in their beta) because it takes some getting used to, but now I'm going to make the effort because I'm tired of all the shenanigans. I don't have the patience to troubleshoot - YET AGAIN - why I am not being allowed to install Swype even though I've followed the directions exactly. I don't care any more: NO keyboard is worth this hassle

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Switching to ShapeWriter for good this time. I uninstalled by now expired beta copy, and then installed the installer, which then installed Swype, and it immediately says, "Unable to register Swype: already installed" or some such. I'm soooo done with jumping through their hoops. I resisted switching to ShapeWriter last time I had trouble getting Swype to work (yes, I am registered in their beta) because it takes some getting used to, but now I'm going to make the effort because I'm tired of all the shenanigans. I don't have the patience to troubleshoot - YET AGAIN - why I am not being allowed to install Swype even though I've followed the directions exactly. I don't care any more: NO keyboard is worth this hassle

It's in beta, what do you expect?

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score

SlideIT is a better alternative to Swype than Shapewriter is. But Swype isn't released to the public yet so you got to be patient. It is still in testing phases hence the BETA.

INFERNO

Reaction score
Mine just recently said the same, but I re signed in again and re installed swype from the downloader, and now I'm swyping again!
BB froyo.