Swype Android Beta!!

kr4yzie

Reaction score
I signed up for it and its telling me "The Swype Beta is CLOSED Due to overwhelming demand we have temporarily closed the beta." Is there anywhere else i can get this?

bb-gun

Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQuqlb1Co00

watch it from your computer or you cant see it

kr4yzie

Reaction score
alright i got swype downloaded and installed on my phone but when i try and type on it nothing comes up

OP
JonKyu

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
alright i got swype downloaded and installed on my phone but when i try and type on it nothing comes up

I just rebooted my phone and it worked but I remember someone else had another fix. Like re-enabling it or taping on a text field, really not sure it might be somewhere in this thread? I can't remember though but you can try rebooting.

bb-gun

Reaction score

make sure you go to settings>language and keyboard> then check swype.

then go to email or message and then hold down on where your typing and press input method, then press swype keyboard

currahee474

Reaction score
I've got a problem after downloading the .apk

Every time I slide open, or close the keyboard, I get the message "The Swype package you installed does not match the screen size of the device. Please contact Swype about this issue. Screen size:480x854"

Any fixes for this??

AdilSD

Reaction score
how to remove a word from the dictionary

Hi All, the thread is so long, I don't know how to find anything within. Does anyone know how to remove a word form the dictionary? when I type 'a', I get 'albertson' as default match. I want 'a' instead but don't want to have to touch the 'a' every time.
Thanks,
Adil

leonsb3

Reaction score
Hi All, the thread is so long, I don't know how to find anything within. Does anyone know how to remove a word form the dictionary? when I type 'a', I get 'albertson' as default match. I want 'a' instead but don't want to have to touch the 'a' every time.
Thanks,
Adil
try just tapping "a" and then selecting it from the list...it should automatically add it to the dictionary for you so that from now on when you hit "a" it will default to the "a" only...

the tutorial mentions this exactly, i use this method to input my own customized words that i use for example "ur" instead of your? it works great for me. the most addictive app and the future of texting IMO.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks,
Adil
try just tapping "a" and then selecting it from the list...it should automatically add it to the dictionary for you so that from now on when you hit "a" it will default to the "a" only...

the tutorial mentions this exactly, i use this method to input my own customized words that i use for example "ur" instead of your? it works great for me. the most addictive app and the future of texting IMO.

To remove "albertson" from the dictionary, swype the entire word 'albertson.' Then touch the word and highlight it. Touch the swype key in the lower left of the keyboard. You should get a highlight asking if you want to remove it from the dictionary.

If you have trouble highlighting the word, long press it and select "Select text" from the popup.

AdilSD

Reaction score
To remove "albertson" from the dictionary, swype the entire word 'albertson.' Then touch the word and highlight it. Touch the swype key in the lower left of the keyboard. You should get a highlight asking if you want to remove it from the dictionary.

If you have trouble highlighting the word, long press it and select "Select text" from the popup.

That worked. Thanks very much.
Adil

J.P.

Reaction score
Thanks,
Adil

Awesome I now added the "5 dirty words" and then some!

krpiper

Reaction score
This may of been answered but do we need to keep the Swype Intsaller...well installed

J*Bishop

Reaction score
This may of been answered but do we need to keep the Swype Intsaller...well installed

Swype Installer Question

Q: Do I need to keep the Swype-Installer after installing Swype?
A: No. You should delete it (see above) because we update the Installer on the server when we find install bugs.

1. On the phone, go to Settings → Applications → Manage Applications → SwypeInstaller → Uninstall
  2. When it asks if you want to uninstall SwypeInstaller, press OK
  3. SwypeInstaller should uninstall
https://beta.swype.com/android/welcome/detailed/