swype beta?

issues636

Reaction score
i used to use a swype-like app (which was removed from the market) and i can't even remember the name :] i wiped my phone and had no way of getting it back. i've been waiting for the swype beta to open back up for a while now. registered on the site, waiting for an email when it reopens. well, i got tired of waiting so i went on the website again to see if it opened and maybe i just didn't get an email. i clicked on the "how to install" link on the website even though the beta was still closed, and decided to try and be a smartass and just type in the link they show in their screenshot of the beta email.

it worked....

am i gonna run into any problems with this now? how do i know what droid this particular download is formatted for.

**EDIT**
COMPLETE NEVERMIND. they're not as dumb as i hoped =/ it asks for a beta username/pass when you open the app. i thought i got lucky. lol.

any other good swype-like apps on the market?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
shapewriter is the same concept (i think?) but not as good as swype

Reaction score
im going to be completely honest, its not hard at all to get swype onto your phone. do a tiny bit of searching on google and ill guarantee you will find it ;)

BuglessFan

Reaction score
Just do a google search for "swype milestone apk" and you'll get the version that comes on some of the Droid's in Europe, it works fine on the regular old Droid. Also, ShapeWriter is still on the market despite the announcement that it was pulled on June 20th. ShapeWriter Keyboard vShapeWriter 3.0.9 Application for Android | Tools has a QR Code that'll take you to market://details?id=com.shapewriter.android.softkeyboard where you can download the last version with no expiration date.