Switching from DINC to Moto

Josefius

Reaction score
I have recently switched from T-Mobile to Verizon to get a Droid, got a DINC but wanted a slide out keyboard since I'm coming from a Blackberry. I'm wondering if I will regeret exchanging the HTC for the Motorola original Droid. Any advice will be helpful, but I think I pretty much made up my mind.

HeroNova

Reaction score
Both are good phones. I own both, and I'm currently using the Droid Incredible as my main phone.

Just a word of warning though, The Moto Droid keyboard is nothing like the BlackBerry keyboards. It may take you a while to get used to it.

HeroNova

Reaction score
In my opinion, the Incredible has a bit of an edge when it comes to speed. I do prefer my Incredible to my Moto Droid. Swype is cool. Took me a while to get used to it to really get texting speed down, but I like it. I have it on my Moto but not my Incredible so I can't compare the difference.

OP
Josefius

Josefius

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies so far, I also was kind of wanting stock Android. I'm a bit worried Apple is trying to bury Sense and HTC for copyright violations and I'm kind of a purist on the OS standpoint. Though I noticed Motorola is heading in the Moto-blur direction with the X and the Droid 2. So i'm a bit confused if they will ever keep Vanilla Android.

Last edited:
OP
Josefius

Josefius

Reaction score
Well, I nervously made the leap to the Moto Droid, and all I can say is I'm glad I did. I'm more of a practical person and could care less about how late and great the Dinc is/was... all I care about is phone quality and functionality. I also love the OS in it's un-mauled form. I'm so happy now :) I don't mind sticking with this phone for the next two years until another awesome Motorola phone is out. The Droid X is just too big... it looks like a Tricorder or something, but some people like that I guess.

hoing

Reaction score
once u get used to the moto droid keyboard, its excellent dancedroid

OP
Josefius

Josefius

Reaction score
Yep, I love the keyboard... but, for some reason I'm having difficulty getting Windows 7 to read the SD card.