Switched from Blackberry.. Not sure if I'm impressed. Need help!

jcjohnson316

Reaction score
Hello all,

Just traded in my BB for a Droid x... I am fairley tech savvy, but I am getting dissapointed in some things already. I work for local gov't and they currently do not allow personal devices access to the Exchange Server. I do however have OWA (outlook web access) and was able to get my blackberry to pull/push email through that. I have not been able to do this with the droid through the Android setup or Touchdown. I'm getting dissappointed already because I was really expecting/hoping the droid to be better than the BB in most aspects... I hasve searched so many forums with no real answers to my specific issue. Any help would be appreciated. thanks

jsw6380a

Reaction score
K9 Email

Did you try downloading K9 email app from the app store? See if this helps out.

let me know.

BrokerDon

Reaction score
I felt the same way after switching from a Storm. But I'm already realizing that the longer you have an Android device, the better it gets.

The answer to the e-mail question is exactly what the other post said: use K-9 Mail from the app market instead of the native mail client--that made a huge difference for me.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
J

jcjohnson316

Reaction score
It seems the k9 it just an app for managing email... is that right. My problemis getting outlook web access pushed to my phone ... will that work for this? Thanks for the replies.

DJSketch

Reaction score
You have remember that BB's are very buisness oriented. An it seems to me if ur using your device for buisness things that a BB could be the better choice in that aspect

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

csk415

Reaction score
Would the Droid Pro work better? Someone on here might be able to answer that for you.

TwerpPoet

Reaction score
OWA, Outlook Web Access, right?

I recommend downloading several of the alternate web browsers and giving them a go. Dolphin HD is one of the best. Get the trial version and try before you buy.

trebb

Reaction score
You should have researched if this would work prior to getting the phone. Android has so much more to offer, and if you're already disappointed I don't know what else to say.

tonyhunterajh

Reaction score
I use my DX to get my OWA mail just fine using stock mail. Just gi to accounts and setup a new corporate sync account. Enter your account info, server name and server account name and it works great. If you can't get the server info then I don't know what to tell you. Hope this helps.

DxExs

Reaction score
You should have researched if this would work prior to getting the phone. Android has so much more to offer, and if you're already disappointed I don't know what else to say.

I research the DX thouroughly and thought the people who were having issues were just coinsidence, if I had known what I know now I would've taken the rep's advice and picked another device.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

jsw6380a

Reaction score
I would say to talk with your IT person at work. It sounds like to me that you are having problems gaining access. Where I work they have the Microsoft Exchange server locked down like the US Mint. I couldn't get the bb on it and I don't even want to bother trying putting the droid on. Maybe they changed security settings after you got the phone?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would say to talk with your IT person at work. It sounds like to me that you are having problems gaining access. Where I work they have the Microsoft Exchange server locked down like the US Mint. I couldn't get the bb on it and I don't even want to bother trying putting the droid on. Maybe they changed security settings after you got the phone?

It might be different for him since he works for the Government. Don't know why since it seems all the secret information we have is being leaked anyway.;)

OP going from a Blackberry to a Droid is a learning experience. But technology wise, mail aside, there simply is no comparison of a Blackberry to a Droid. Blackberry is 20th century. Android is 21st Century.

Still I understand that mail can be an issue. I don't know if this will help your situation but I found some pretty good directions for setting up corporate mail in this thread: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ne...r-having-problems-corp-synch.html#post1094613

Good luck.

bdub33

Reaction score
My stock email works great. I have the same situation with our server, it was just kind of tricky entering the info exactly right.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Reaction score
My office used to run a bb exchange server specifically for all the employees who had company BB's. Then our IT guy came in one day with a box FULL of android phones and started handing them out like christmas presents.

Apparently this was CHEAPER than paying the licensing fee for BB server.

At first there was an office riot and we almost went back but in the end everyone is Really happy now. (Even those who got stuck with an eris :)

Anyway. I feel for you. Sorry you are having trouble.

Good luck.

--------------------------------------
So tell me Future Boy, who's President of The United States in 1985?