Droid X Configuration For Touchdown Setup with Exchange OWA

panthergm

Reaction score
Hello,

I hope this in the right place as I am new to the forums. I am kind of a tech savy person but I cant seem to figure this out so here it goes, I have a co worker who just got a DROID X Phone, They had a blackberry before and used the Exchange owa to connect their blackberry to their work e-mail account. I am aware that the native Droid Client does not support owa as it only supports IMAP, POP3, and Activesync, well at my work, the IT Department has Activesync disabled except for a select few persons and wont turn it on for others. (dont ask why) I have tried to get this to work on a different DROID Phone but have been unable to get it to work. what I want to do is download touchdown, and set that up so that the person can access, send and receive e-mails via touchdown through the OWA On exchange. if Touchdown cant do it is there another app that will work with the OWA on Exchange? I know the address of both the activesync server as well as the owa link of course. they are as follows:

mail.**********.*** - Activesync Link
mail.**********.***/owa - OWA Url

As I said Activesync is diasbled on the administrators end, and have tried everything I can think of to get it working Through OWA. I am open to input and suggestions. If anyone has some insight I sure would appreciate it.

Thanks