Switch from RAZR to GNex?

squall

Reaction score
Personally I have had both phones, I keep it stock and yes the razr runs faster and has, but in my opinion I prefer the 720p screen and the smooth running ice cream sand which on the nexus so its nexus for me.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
r e s p e c t, find out what it means to me...

Hint hint. :tongue:

sent from my phone

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thread cleaned and reopened. If we can't keep this civil, infractions/bans may be issued.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Papasmurf

Reaction score
Good thing it got cleaned. Back to the matter at hand its about person choice. I did really want the nexus but testing in the store at the time made me choose the RAZR Maxx. I like the fast GPS location, great battery, and in the store the Maxx was pulling around 5 Mbits more consistently than Nexus. Also sound quality and speaker volume were factors for me. I'm sure some of the issues can be fixed with software updates but at the time price too factored in with the nexus being 300 and Maxx was bogo for me and my wife to pick them up for 150 a piece. No brainer

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

B

bens42608

Id have both if I could. The maxx to use on a daily basis and the gnex to hack around with & crackflash/overclock like I did with me og DROID. In terms of reliability tho, I'm thankful for my bionic and its batteries.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Papasmurf

Reaction score
Id have both if I could. The maxx to use on a daily basis and the gnex to hack around with & crackflash/overclock like I did with me og DROID. In terms of reliability tho, I'm thankful for my bionic and its batteries.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Well said. I want to go hack crazy on the nexus. But keep my Maxx as my daily driver. Luckily devs are trying hard to get hacking strong on the RAZR

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
My personal opinion on the Nexus not being capable of being used as a daily driver is that its ridiculous. The Razr Maxx is a great phone and the Galaxy Nexus is a great phone. I run my phone stock, non-rooted OTA. I have zero issues. Sure, I could flash one of the many ROMs or kernels available for the Nexus, but I don't want to HAVE to do that. I want it to run great out of the box, which mine has. The idea that the Galaxy Nexus is only a good phone if rooted is ridiculous, especially now with the 4.0.4 OTA. With that said, if you have any interest at any point during your two year contract to fiddle aroud with your phone's software by loading custom versions of it then I would look no further than the Nexus. The Nexus is a developer phone and is by far the most friendly when it comes to getting things back up and running should something go wrong while tinkering.

Last edited:

slider112

Reaction score
^^
This

Have had my GNex since launch and use it extensively every day with zero issues.

Papasmurf

Reaction score
Much like any other device there are always issues that aren't present in every device. I personally chose the RAZR based on radio strength and sound clarity. Oh and that huge battery. But the nexus was awesome and I would have wanted it more had certain things been slightly better. Im not bashing the nexus just IMO the RAZR Maxx at the time of my purchase was the best all around phone. Glad your nexus is working out for you.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Much like any other device there are always issues that aren't present in every device. I personally chose the RAZR based on radio strength and sound clarity. Oh and that huge battery. But the nexus was awesome and I would have wanted it more had certain things been slightly better. Im not bashing the nexus just IMO the RAZR Maxx at the time of my purchase was the best all around phone. Glad your nexus is working out for you.

Thats exactly my point. The quiet speaker and the signal issues were addressed in the 4.0.4 ota. I certainly don't blame you for not wanting a 4.0.2 nexus. With 4.0.4, its literally like a completely different phone :biggrin: