Need some help deciding :)

Elvis087

Reaction score
OK so here is my story, After my 2 year contract with AT&T ended I didn't renew and I started my 2 year contract on Verizon with the original Droid which i thought at the time was much better than the iphone 3G I had and AT&T as a whole (no more dropped calls)then after one year I got a iPhone 4 on Verizon which I liked mainly because of the Retina Display and everything felt very high quality.

A month ago I had the opportunity to upgrade and I tried the Droid Razr first and while I loved the screen Android felt "broken" and laggy still so I went with an iPhone 4S but to tell you the truth I wasn't impressed either, I do like iOS but with the iPhone's tiny screen (after having the Razr) I feel like I'm missing out. I just wish Android was as responsive and apps where the same quality.

Could ICS change my opinion?

I'm thinking of selling my iPhone 4S and getting the Galaxy Nexus, I saw it today at the Verizon store and honestly I couldn't tell the difference in quality between my iPhone 4S and the Nexus, it is like a 4.6" inch Retina Display, the screen on the nexus is exactly what I'm looking for.

With that said, do you guys think I will regret it? Should I just keep my iPhone 4s?

Thank you.

Last edited:

wil318466

Reaction score
The problem is you are asking a bunch of Android owners what you should do. Your case is a bit different because you had a Droid and liked it, then went to an iPhone and liked it and now you are considering going back to an Android device. Truthfully, most people who are iPhone users should just stick to iPhones, as it seems all they do is complain about Android deficiencies.

This time is different, however. The Nexus is simply a GREAT device. It's very close to the same user experience of an iPhone. Hardware is pretty top notch (except maybe the camera) and software is what it finally should be.

I think no matter what you choose you can't go wrong. I despise Apple, but I'll never say they dont' make a great device - they do. I simply like Android better. The Nexus is a can't-go-wrong type of device. Even if you dislike it for some reason, you CAN'T hate it. It's UI is smooth and responsive, the screen is beautiful and the 4g is excellent (area dependent, of course). My older Android phones would lag, crash, reboot, whatever. This does none of that.

Android is straight up neck and neck with iPhone at this point, and I wouldn't be surprised if Android is better a year from now. You may prefer one over the other, but the differences aren't nearly as dramatic as they used to be.

Right now, at this very second, what is a better device? I'd vote the Nexus, but it could very well simply be a question of which OS you are more comfortable with, not which has better hardware.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hehe. You're at the wrong place if you expect people to tell you to keep your iPhone. ;)

In all honesty, if you didn't like Android on the Razr, you probably won't like it on the Nexus. I dislike iOS. I find everything too simple, all the screens seem crowded, and it's not open source.

ICS doesn't really do much to attract people from the "dark side". It's much improved and looks sleeker but iPhone lovers still won't like it most likely.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

OP
E

Elvis087

Reaction score
Ok so right now I'm posting from my Galaxy Nexus and I LOVE it, is there anything I should know? My notification light doesnt seem to be working. Thats the only problem I have. Thanks.

x25064

Reaction score
Ok so right now I'm posting from my Galaxy Nexus and I LOVE it, is there anything I should know? My notification light doesnt seem to be working. Thats the only problem I have. Thanks.

Grab an app called lite flow. It customises your LED to specific functions (SMS, mms, email, missed call, gtalk, etc). You can change colors and flash speed as well. If your LED still doesn't work, I would exchange your handset.

Also be aware there ARE bugs in ICS. This won't preform as flawlessly as your iPhone did in that department. They will be resolved but for right now they are there. (Ex: autocorrect works intermittently depending on the app, landscape keyboard will lag if you don't shut off spell check, which does not disable auto correct no worries, etc.)

Also drain dead, and fully charge your phone 4-5 times to calibrate the battery. You WILL notice a difference in battery life.

BOA

Reaction score
I have both (iPhone and Android) but use my Android phone the most. The iPhone is for work. Truthfully I like the fact that I have both and can experience both but I do like Android the BEST! IOS just bores me to death. Come on Apple can we get some enhancements?????

Tas

Reaction score
ICS rocks and rolls. So smooth. Don't think you would regret it at all.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
ICS is awesome but still not as polished as iOS. I dislike iOS just like everyone here but ICS is still not what it can be. With that said, this being an android forum, GET THE GNEX!!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums