SwiftKey keyboard lags

OP
brucebanner77

brucebanner77

Reaction score
Ai. Type looks ok. It has a lot of the features i wanted out of SwiftKey. Number row, comma, enter key, emoji , and aarow keys. It has swipe, but i think that's in the paid version. If any one uses it let us know what you think.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Ai. Type looks ok. It has a lot of the features i wanted out of SwiftKey. Number row, comma, enter key, emoji , and aarow keys. It has swipe, but i think that's in the paid version. If any one uses it let us know what you think.

I used it for a while liked it. Had 1 glitch but cant remember what it was. Very good though

VIA SONY BETA MAX

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for info Cr6. I'll keep swype in mind. I believe I tried it when I had my s3. Right now I'm. Trying the trial version of SlideIT. It's OK (honestly I don't like it ) but that's cuz I'm use to SK.

No it's not just your being used to SK. SlideIt is infuriatingly inconsistent. One time you use it it's a mind reader but the next time it might not get anything correct. I've been going back and forth between SlideIt from my Windows Mobile days to Swype from its beta days. Since you're a slider my suggestion to turn off Flow in Swift Key won't help . When they said gestures, like Swype and SlideIt have had for years, aren't possible in slide keyboards I gave up on SK for good, stick strictly to Swype now. SlideIt promises accuracy nirvana with every update and fail to deliver every time but since I paid for it years ago I still try it every now and then just to revert back to Swype. Gestures for copy/paste, etc are more important to me than a numbers row.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
On my note 4 I use the stock Samsung keyboard only to use the hot key function. (which honestly I don't have programmed) On my tablet I just installed SwiftKey yesterday again and love it just as much as I always have.

I haven't read the whole thread so I'm not sure about the whole conversation or what you've tried but you can clear some caches to help clear keyboard lag. I forget the other ones to clear besides SwiftKey but there were others

VIA SONY BETA MAX

OP
brucebanner77

brucebanner77

Reaction score
I believe ive done more. Than the average person. Deleted apps, disabled apps, cleared data, cleared cache. Along with the lag the amount of Ram it uses, which allows it to drain my battery.

I'm actually using the trial version of ai. Type right now. I like it better than swype nad slideit. I'm missing the swipe feature due to it being a trial.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
I believe ive done more. Than the average person. Deleted apps, disabled apps, cleared data, cleared cache. Along with the lag the amount of Ram it uses, which allows it to drain my battery.

I'm actually using the trial version of ai. Type right now. I like it better than swype nad slideit. I'm missing the swipe feature due to it being a trial.

It seems to me that I've seen ai on sale many times. I wrote a review on it at our s5 forum I'll dig up the thread and see if I added why I went away from it

VIA SONY BETA MAX

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
SwiftKey was actually a paid app back in the day. That's what frustrated me. After 30 days you were cut off from all the great features (including your saved predictions) until you paid for it. Of course I didn't mind at the time because it was a great app and I was happy to support them. They got paid from millions of people and then poof, all support stopped. I don't know, IMO it just seems like they suddenly stopped caring awhile ago. This lag issue has been going on for far too long across far too many devices, for it to be an "isolated incident".

S5 tap'n

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
I'll get that email fired off when I get home. With permission I'll link to this thread directly.

The problem started about the same time they got into iOS, AFAIK.

OP
brucebanner77

brucebanner77

Reaction score
Thanks for all the the help. It sucks this has been going on for so long. Like you said, it's a paid app. Granted it's only 3 or 4 bucks, but still, I paid you, make it work right.

I'm still testing keyboards, I'm using touchpal right now. It's pretty good. I remember using it on my s3. Predictions are OK, it's swipes smooth, types smooth. Cons: no arrow keys on top. No number row. And they major one, 2.99 a year. (call me cheap lol)

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I just deleted Swiftkey too...tired of the typos and crap..and it "fixing" words to words I surely didn't intend...

I will miss the split keyboard though..

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
I thought many new keyboards had the "thumb" layout.

I think the SwiftKey devs will be very interested in the contents of this thread. Now that I'm home I can get that email fired off to them.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Idk I haven't even looked to see if google keyboard has a thumb layout

OP
brucebanner77

brucebanner77

Reaction score
I think swype or slideit has split keyboards.