Typing in landscape mode

Pacino

Reaction score
I'm a journalist who does a lot of professional tweeting, and I find typing easier on the larger landscape mode keyboard. But when typing in landscape mode, the keyboard takes up half the screen and the text box takes up the other half -- so I lose details like the character count no matter what Twitter client I use (I've tried Tweetdeck and Hootsuite). Does anyone know if there is a way to see character counts in landscape mode so I don't have to keep toggling back to check character counts? Is this an issue with the design of the phone, the Twitter client or the particular keyboard I'm using (SwiftKey)?

This is my only quibble with this phone after one week (and obviously it's not a huge thing, just a minor annoyance). I'll miss being able to see the whole screen when typing on the physical keyboard on my old Droid 2, but I love everything else about this Razr Maxx HD -- it certainly lives up to its billing.

Thanks.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
I've noticed this too and I'm just using the stock keyboard. Not sure if anything can be done. I'll look around.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2